PDA

View Full Version : What's good MIDIs for dungeon levels?

Darkmatt
01-09-2003, 07:06 PM
I need them for the quest I'm working on.
(wow that's short.)

Dr. Mutagen
01-09-2003, 08:23 PM
It really depends on what kind of a dungeon it is. For example, an ice dungeon should probably have the Ice Cavern music from Ocarina of Time or the Level 6 music from Blaster Master. Of course, you can't go wrong with Mega Man music.

Darkmatt
01-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Okay, here's the list of my dungeons.
( Can you belive it? This is all made with the new 192B182 default tileset. )

1.Sand Pyramid
2.Cascade Dungeon
3.Sky Tower (Already decided.)
4.Underground Cavern (Already decided.)
5.Island Dungeon
6.North Castle
7.South Castle (Already decided.)
8 (Entrance).Highest peak. (Already decided.)
8.Triforce Tower (Already decided.)
9 (Entrance).Gateway
9. Great Castle

Hope this helps you.

Lonemind
01-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Sand Pyramid: Walk Like an Egyption. Hehe. Or other egyption music. Maybe the Spirit Temple theme from OoT
Cascade Dungeon: I assume this is water? Try Zora's Theme from LttP or the underwater theme from Donkey Kong Country.
Sky Tower: I know you decided already but have you listened to Illusion of Gaia's Sky Garden music??
Island Dungeon: How about the music from Star Tropics?
North Dungeon: Ice I'll bet. Try Secret of Mana's Ice Castle theme.
Great Castle: Hmm... something dark and evil perhaps. A song from Descent?
That's my two cents. Hope it's worth a penny. :laughing:

Dr. Mutagen
01-09-2003, 11:11 PM
I think that the music to the Depot stage in Goldeneye would fit nicely with the Gateway. Also, I'd recommend the music to Bubble Man's stage from Mega Man 2 for the Cascade Dungeon.

Kairyu
01-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Darkmatt
Okay, here's the list of my dungeons.
( Can you belive it? This is all made with the new 192B182 default tileset. )

1.Sand Pyramid

Try Pharoah Man from Mega Man 4, if you remis it right it sounds pretty Egyptian/Zeldaish...

2.Cascade Dungeon

Try pretty much any stage music from "Dragon Spirit." It's an NES game, and it WAS on some other systems, but I've only found music for the NES version. Appearently, someone did SNES-style remixes of stages 1, 2, and 6. 2 is especially aquatic.

3.Sky Tower (Already decided.)

I'll still suggest Strider Hiryu's theme from Marvel Vs. Capcom. Just choose something with plenty of woodwinds...

4.Underground Cavern (Already decided.)

And I'll still suggest either Catacombs from Circle of the Moon, Wandering Souls from Symphony of the Night, and one of the rock remixes for "Theme of Simon" from Super Castlevania 4. All of which are Castlevania games, BTW.

5.Island Dungeon

What sorta island?

6.North Castle

Ivern Ruins, from Y's 4 for... uh, I have no clue, but it's good. Also, the theme for "Team Fire Emblem" in Super Smash Brother Melee is good. And maybe "Dracula's Castle" from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

7.South Castle (Already decided.)

Nothing different here.

8 (Entrance).Highest peak. (Already decided.)

I don't understand anyway.

8.Triforce Tower (Already decided.)

See number eight...

9 (Entrance).Gateway

If you want freaky, try "The Discolored Wall" from Castlevania: Bloodlines. If you want slow, try Wily's Fortress: Stage one from Mega Man 7. And for anxious, try "WWW Web" from Mega Man Battle Network 2.

9. Great Castle

Another good place for "Ivern Ruins"... or "WWW Web"... The final boss's theme in "Arcana" for the SNES is good for a fast-paced dungeon.

Hope this helps you.

I don't see how that could be, because we're helping you...

C-Dawg
01-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Now that you can make your own mod music, just have each level be the sound of you singing badly or just breathing heavily into the microphone.

-C

Zaggarum
01-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Now that you can make your own mod music, just have each level be the sound of you singing badly or just breathing heavily into the microphone.

-C

Word of advide, don't breath heavily into a microphone Matt. :shakeno: You might turn someone on. :sweat:

What I always do to is use music you never hear in quests. some of the songs are tired and should be replace. Try to be more creative. :)

Dr. Mutagen
01-12-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Zaggarum

What I always do to is use music you never hear in quests. some of the songs are tired and should be replace. Try to be more creative. :)

True. But some of those common midis are really sweet. That's why questers use 'em. Like the Stage 3 remix from Castlevania 1, or A Tout de la Monde by Megadeth. I'm using the latter in Contest of Courage, near the last leg of the game.

Zaggarum
01-14-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Mutagen

True. But some of those common midis are really sweet. That's why questers use 'em. Like the Stage 3 remix from Castlevania 1, or A Tout de la Monde by Megadeth. I'm using the latter in Contest of Courage, near the last leg of the game.

That makes sense. Though some are overused. Mostly the Zelda theme. :)

ShadowTiger
01-14-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Zaggarum

What I always do to is use music you never hear in quests. some of the songs are tired and should be replace. Try to be more creative.
All too true. Over at CZC, Fingolfin just gave us links to some truly kickarse midi and mod places. I just got The Legend of Kyrandia 2 Midis. There are a lot of them, plus a few of them would be unbelievably ZC style themes. Go check it out. Here's (http://members.lycos.co.uk/darkbob/index.php?act=ST&f=15&t=115&st=0&#entry656) the link. Again, thanks to Fingolfin and Dark Bob (DarkSFK) for the links.

Zaggarum
01-14-2003, 11:21 PM
Haven't been there in a while. Better check out CZC. Yeah I think a good set of songs are from Donkey Kong and Metroid. They really fit some scenes well.

KJAZZ
01-15-2003, 01:38 AM
I try to use midis that aren't used a lot, right now they're just Z3 until I can think of better ones, but a good number of them aren't even from games..;p