PDA

View Full Version : More clearifications with 192B192

Darkmatt
01-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Don't ask how I got it to work, it's on a different computer.:rolleyes:

1: (Question) What does (Freeform Dungeons) do?

2: (Question) In "The Revenge 2" (182 one) quest, there were doors not in the middle left of the wall (Mainly in 2ndd dungeon), I need to know how I can do that. (I thought I looked up that you can't draw the doors.)

3: (Clearifications) What does the "Long" bow do?

4: (Question) About the new enemy tiles, are those ACTUALLY used in some new enemies added? For instance, there's that giant sized Patra in the tiles, is the tiles actually used?

Okay, that's it, hopefully this will help me do more work with the 192B182 quest.:D

fatcatfan
01-09-2003, 03:14 PM
1. Normally in a dungeon, Link's movement is constrained at the edges of the screen regardless of the walk flags you specify in that area. The "Freeform Dungeons" rule eliminates that constraint such that you can have Z4 style dungeons. There are other implications, maybe someone else can help there.

2. I'm not absolutely certain. With the above rule, you can just draw doors wherever you like, but if you want to have locked doors, you must use lock block combos (haven't tried it, dunno how effective it is). If you want to have shutters, you must use secret combos. And they still won't necessarily exhibit the same behavior as "normal" dungeon doors of the same type.

3. Shoots arrows faster.

4. Assuming there are no bugs, yes.

Dart Zaidyer
01-09-2003, 03:19 PM
"Freeform Dungeon" still allows you to use Doors as usual, you just have to make sure the archways are over Link's head in some way to make 'em look right. You can also set the Door to a Wall and draw anything you want over it, even a completely different sort of door.

plith
01-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by fatcatfan
2. I'm not absolutely certain. With the above rule, you can just draw doors wherever you like, but if you want to have locked doors, you must use lock block combos (haven't tried it, dunno how effective it is). If you want to have shutters, you must use secret combos. And they still won't necessarily exhibit the same behavior as "normal" dungeon doors of the same type.

Firstly, Revenge2 was made for 1.90, much older than 1.92 beta 182. Secondly, MSC never used locks or shutters that weren't in the middle of the wall. Finally, for the left and right sides, you do not need freeform dungeons checked to place doors off-center. You just draw them on.

fatcatfan
01-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Right, but dungeon doors (locked, shutters) do not funtion if they are drawn in. They must be placed by the template. Or has this changed and I'm unaware of it?

CJC
01-09-2003, 05:59 PM
With lock blocks, you don't have to have locked doors in the center of a wall. I think you just draw them on with the lock block, and then when the character walks up to it with a key the lock block switches to the combo it's set up to go to next, at least that's what it looks like in the beta182 quest editor.

Darkmatt
01-09-2003, 07:04 PM
About 2. This would be increadably effective with the GBC tileset, and yes, you're right, it's a 190 one, I know that. :sweat: What I didn't know that you just couldn't draw the doors in 190. :shrug: