PDA

View Full Version : Fill vs Fill 2.

ShadowTiger
01-09-2003, 01:20 AM
I've done things with fill and fill 8 ways, but I'm still not entirely clear about the effects of Fill 2. What does it do, as compared to fill 1?

Dark Nation
01-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Fill2 changes any combo to the current combo until it comes to a border made of the same combo.

Lonemind
01-09-2003, 07:53 PM
How do you USE fill? I right click on the screen to bring up that menu and select a fill but nothing happens after that...

Cloral
01-09-2003, 08:14 PM
That selects which style of fill you want to use. Next, control-click to do the fill. This saves you from having to bring up the fill menu again and again if you want to do the same style of fill several times in a row (personally, I just set it on 4 way fill and leave it).

Lonemind
01-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Lovely. Thank you, Cloral.

ShadowTiger
01-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Aha..... So...... Fill style #1 is for when you want to fill it do a different tile entirely that isn't the current tile selected, (Combo.) but Fill style #2 is for when you want the selected combo with the assigned characteristic like water for example to stop when it meets a combo that doesn't have the water characteristic? Maybe this is still kinda confusing for me. Sorry. :shy:

Dark Nation
01-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Fill 1 is for if you want to change the floor of a dungeon, for instance. Pick a new floor combo and click on the floor of the dungeon. Any combo that is the same as the combo you clicked on will change to the new combo you selected until it hits a boundary.

Fill2 is for creating areas of the same combo quickly (lakes, for instance). Pick a combo and draw a shape with it. Circle, square, etc. Fill2 inside of it with the same combo. Everything inside the shape you drew, no matter what combo it was, will change to the combo you selected.

ShadowTiger
01-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Aha. I think I see the difference. So Fill 2 is a more "godlike" version of Fill. It will act like a flood, except the same combo is the boundary for the flood, and will not go beyond that boundary. However, if the combo box has a gap in it, it'll flood the whole screen? Yes, I thank you very much for the clarification.

Well, That's why you're DN! :kawaii: