PDA

View Full Version : The official "I hate Sharon, Lois and Bram thread"

Jigglysaint
01-08-2003, 02:36 AM
Has anybody every had to grow up their music? I mean, even at 5 years old I didn't like it much, but like all baby things I hate, I turn it from a simple dislike into an obsession. I must have about 5 tapes of them already.

anyway, I'm not making this thread to talk about my problems, the thread is open to people who either loved them, hated them, still love them, or don't know who they are. Also note that if you happen to be one of the above mentioned singers, KJAZZ is your #1 fan and wants to join your fanclub :D

IceMan2x
01-08-2003, 02:38 AM
I'll take 'never heard of them' for 200, alex

Ganonator
01-08-2003, 02:41 AM
ahh!! thanks for opening a new thread.. i can easily turn out my hatred this way.

if you all want a little inside if you don't know who they are, they have a new website, and apparently, sadly, and discustingly, a new TV show...

the site's http://www.skinnamarink.com/ and viewer discression advised.. poor fools

Jigglysaint
01-08-2003, 02:43 AM
I was just at that site. Oh the horror!

moocow
01-08-2003, 03:55 AM
I used to like the show... don't like the newer verison though.

The theme song is really fun to get the whole class singing during English, just to piss your teacher off, I have to admit :D

Jigglysaint
01-08-2003, 01:05 PM
Then I went through the 4 tapes I have collected, I can honestly say that I am the most messed up person on the forums.

From what's I've seen so far, most people don't know who they are, and that is a good thing.

Fiyerstorm
01-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Never heard of it.

o.o

Jigglysaint
01-08-2003, 01:11 PM
I take it they didn't get down South very much.

Verman
01-08-2003, 03:00 PM
I've never seen it as well but when it comes to singing songs in class nothing is better then lamb chops song.

This is the song that doesnt end, it goes on and on my friend, some people started singing it not knowing what its like and they'll keep on singing it forever just because it is the song that doesnt end, it goes on and on my friend, some people started singing it not knowing what its like and they'll keep on singing it forever just because it is the song that doesnt end,it goes on and on my friend, some people started singing it not knowing what its like and they'll keep on singing it forever just because it is the song that doesnt end.......

Jigglysaint
01-08-2003, 03:41 PM
I miss that show....

I find it funny that some kiddie things irritate me, while others I love. I'm young at heart, but I'm not brainless. This explains why I like shows like Timothy Goes to School, but I want to murder Blue, from Blue's Clues, in her sleep.

Anyway, to further the thread, what kind of children's shows/entertains did you grow up with? Did you like them? Hate them? Do you still like them?

gdorf
01-08-2003, 08:26 PM
originally posted by jigglysaint
Then I went through the 4 tapes I have collected, I can honestly say that I am the most messed up person on the forums.
Nah, you haven't achieved that yet, but you are a little strange. ;)

As for the topic, I've never heard of them and it sounds like I'm lucky. :)

Fiyerstorm
01-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
I take it they didn't get down South very much.

Why does everyone hate the southerns?

Actually...I didn;t have time to click Ganonator's link at school and when I did........I saw the two old bitches, the gay guy with a beard, and THE ELEPHANT.........The flashbacks came back.....

I used to watch on Nick Jr........when it was cool.

WarOmnimon
01-08-2003, 09:37 PM
I grew up mainly with Eureka's Castle, Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, and the Magic School Bus. I didn't care too much for Sharon, Lois, and Bram's Elephant Show. (That's the full name of their show, BTW.)

Dr. Mutagen
01-08-2003, 09:47 PM
I grew up with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I LOVE the theme song! Ahhh.. 80s music kicks ass! :kawaii: ) and the Super Mario Bros. Super Show ( Yes! Another fun song: DO THE MARIO!! *starts singing* Swing your arms from side to side.. *Ouch! Okay, Okay! I'll stop now.*). I lived a perfectly normal childhood.

Jigglysaint
01-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Eureka's Castle was good. To bad the dragon then became the voice of the bear in "Bear in the Big Blue House".

I remember some good shows they used to play on TVO(Ontario's answer to PBS, and it has a killer lineup too). today's Special, and some other shows that escape me were cool. I wish they would re-play all those old shows again.

Rijuhn
01-08-2003, 11:30 PM
I remember Eurika's Castle, and I too knew instantly that the Dragon was Bear in the Big Blue House. I haven't been watching children's cartoons for the past 2 years. It's not like I'm obssessed with them or anything, but whenever I want to just relax and watch something lighthearted and clean I'll flip through the channels and watch any cartoon or show that isn't completely stupid.

Jigglysaint
01-08-2003, 11:37 PM
You want stupid? Watch the Hoobs. I'm not condeming the Aussies, but some of their kiddie shows are just weird.

BTW, the Hoobs was where I first learned that Peeps = people, so I understood it when people used that word.