PDA

View Full Version : combo cycling.. how do i set the time between combos??

Ganonator
01-08-2003, 02:25 AM
yeah... either I'm completely stupid, or lost. I can't figure out how to change the timing of the combo cycling. There's nowhere to input a change in time. so what i get is just the 2 combos cycling at light speed.

Dark Nation
01-08-2003, 10:08 AM
There is no delay. After the current combo finishes going through its tiles (animation), it immediately switches to the next combo. So, if you want the combo cycling to slow down, for each combo, select the frames to be 1 and the time to be how long you want it to wait before it changes to the next combo.

PrinceMSC
01-08-2003, 04:19 PM
And here I was making a long combo page, just to get one combo to cycle at a nice speed.:banghead:

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

C-Dawg
01-08-2003, 05:54 PM
A little slow on the uptake when it comes to combo animation, eh Princey?

Just like to thank DN again for implementing these wonderful little things. They're as useful as pit warps and boss flags, easily, and I'm loving them.

-C

PrinceMSC
01-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
A little slow on the uptake when it comes to combo animation, eh Princey?
-C

I guess so, because it doesn't work for me.

This is what I'm doing, and you tell me what I'm screwing up. I take combo A and I make it 1 frame and the speed of 10 and the NEXT goes to combo B. Then I go to combo B and make it 1 frame with 10 speed and its NEXT is going back to combo A. When I then go and play the quest, I only see A combo. So why after a couple of second won't it change to combo B?

Ganonator
01-08-2003, 06:50 PM
EDIT::
ok.. this still doesn't work at all. I've tried all of the things mensioned here, and it just won't animate. I have a.frames set for 1, and a.speed set for 10. Nothin. I even made sure i wasn't referrencing the wrong combo (i.e. cycling to itself) .. no luck.

Dark Nation
01-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Maybe it has to be at least 2 frames for each combo. Try setting up something with that.

PrinceMSC
01-09-2003, 12:59 AM
Yes, that works. You have to have at least two frames before it will continue to another combo.

I'm a bit surprised that C-dawg didn't correct you DN, when you said make the frame one. I guess he's a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to combo animation too. Heh.

Ganonator
01-09-2003, 01:32 AM
ok.. it does work with 2, unless you have two combos that cycle at 0,0. that's ok. i can work with that.

Dark Nation
01-09-2003, 08:50 AM
Perhaps I need to look at that to see if I can make it work with just 1 frame each.

PrinceMSC
01-09-2003, 11:07 AM
That would be nice, but I don't think its that big of a deal. Nonetheless, it would be better.

C-Dawg
01-09-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by PrinceMSC

I'm a bit surprised that C-dawg didn't correct you DN, when you said make the frame one. I guess he's a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to combo animation too. Heh.

Touchee.

I didn't realize it had to be more than 1 tile, but in hindsight that makes perfect sense. In all other respects, ZeldaClassic has always treated Tile Animation settings of 1 and 0 as identical, so I dont see why they'd be different here...

-C