PDA

View Full Version : My Locked chest trick - not gonna happen

Ganonator
01-07-2003, 07:01 PM
ok.. I've told quite a few of you to just use the BLB2's to get a big chest to open. well, it isn't going to happen. When you unlock a key combo, flag 10 does not trigger. I don't quite know how to get it to work either. I'm not smart enough to get an overhead combo to disappear w/o it looking right (i can do it with temp combos, but that's goofy).. .any ideas??

C-Dawg
01-07-2003, 09:00 PM
1) If flag 10 triggers during combo animation, just animate the open chest.

2) Have the "lock" on the chest pop off when you touch it, but then require link to slash the chest like normal to open it.

-C

Happyman
01-07-2003, 10:11 PM
Go with C-Dawg's second idea. Make the combo turn from a Lockblock combo to a Slash combo, and use flag 10.

EDIT: Drop what I just said. I tried it and it didn't work. :shrug:

idontknow
01-07-2003, 10:43 PM
it works for me...just create the following combos in this order
locked & shut chest-fully unwalkable w/ a lock block 1 combo
Shut chest-slash-->item combo (fully unwalkable)
opened chest- undefined combo (half top unwalkable)
Then place the locked & shut chest combo on the screen. Place a flag 10 (armos-->item) on top of it. Set under combo to the opened chest. Set room type to special item and then set the special item to whatever desired item you wish and Vuala! This works on all different dmap types, not just dungeons!

Ganonator
01-08-2003, 03:18 AM
playing Raichu's "monthly Zelda" quest, i noticed whatever the heck he's done he got it perfect. We'll have to bug him for it.