PDA

View Full Version : combos on layer/combo mixing theory

idontknow
01-06-2003, 10:18 PM
I have some questions:
On which layers will the combo type affect Link?..i assume layers 0-2, since they are all underneath him. Also, if you have a combo type water on layer 0 and a combo type Conveyor on layer 1 and a damage combo on layer 2, which one(s) affect Link? All? If so, then theoretically you could simply make combos with the same water tile but set them to these different types to "mix" combos. This particular mix would simulate flowing lava. (You would leave out the damage combo to simulate flowing water).
Also, on which layers could Link himself activate flags (using weapons)? Like if i had an arrow flag on layer 2 and shot an arrow towards it, would this flag stop the arrow and activate all other secret flags on all layers?

DeathLink
01-06-2003, 11:09 PM
i couldnt tell you, but i have a brilliant idea, try it out!!! *gets idea*

*edit*

just tried it.
what i did, was put on layer 1 put conv rt and on layer 2 put damage 1/2 and i steped on it, and NOTHING happend:blah:

Cloral
01-06-2003, 11:18 PM
Only combo types on layer 0 should be able to do anything (unless something changed since I last checked). Walkability settings from layers 1 and 2 are maintained though.
If you want to mix combo types, try animated combos with a very fast setting. This can produce slightly odd results, but for many combinations it seems to work (especially damage+something else).

idontknow
01-07-2003, 04:55 PM
alright then..i have a new suggestion for DN...time to switch forums...can you guess what i want?...oh by the way, i dont particularly laying combo cycling specifically for "mixing" combos because if you have like a water combo+something else, Links sprite rapidly change from swimming to regular walking..a similar deal occurs when using a shallow water combo plus something else because the ripples will appear to be flashing rapidly.

EDIT: alright...i STRONGLY SUGGEST HAVING A RULE THAT ENABLES COMBO TYPES TO AFFECT LINKS ON OTHER LAYERS (AT LEAST 0 THROUGH 2)! This would compensate for what would be a thorough, yet confusing and probably buggy combo mixing scheme. It would just be easier to have multiple combos in one spot affect Link simultaneously via layers...heres some things you could make with it:

-Water + A conveyor Type (like a current)
-Water + Slow Walk (Thick Water/Mud)
-Water + Damage (lava)
-Overhead + No Fly Zone
-Ladder Only + Hookshot Cross (Good for making gaps that you could cross with either item)
-Hookshot Grab + a Statue combo
-Eyeball A or B + a Statue combo
-Slow + Tall Grass (Thick/Slow Tall Grass)
-Water + Pit (like a swim warp but acts like a pit)

i'll be back with more...gotta go to bed