PDA

View Full Version : tought of a way to avoid the continue on the wrong screen when using multi floor dung

DeathLink
01-06-2003, 07:47 PM
its because (for those who dont know) you have many DMAPs and you cant continue on the screen you're sposed to (do you get what i mean?)
so what you do, is make a screen that you continue on, then you have it warp you to the beginning of the level, that way you dont have to reset in order to play some more.

if you dont get what i mean i will prob post ss explaining, or just give up on trying :D

ShadowTiger
01-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Yeah, that's a good solution too. What I have recently begun doing is I make screen 0,0 empty, (kinda) with a guy(fire) and a string that says that you chose to continue, and a timed warp sends you either back to the beginning of the dungeon, or the start of the overworld. The good thing about doing that, is that when you continue, the music stays the same, but when you warp out of that room, you can set the music to whatever you want to correct the problem.

C-Dawg
01-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Yes DeathLink, that works. There are about a million different ways to get around the Continue Bug, but all have problems. The proposal to create a continue screen suffers because it requires more dmaps be used up to create the effect. Not always a fatal flaw, especially if your quest takes only a hundred or so dmaps.

I'm still a fan of just never checking "continue here" in dungeons, since none of the real Zelda games ever let you save and continue from dungeons anyway.

-C

Praethus
01-07-2003, 02:32 PM
OoT does.

Jigglysaint
01-07-2003, 04:10 PM
"tought of a way to avoid the continue on the wrong screen when using multi floor dung"

I'm sorry, but that is funny if you don't know what this thread is about!