PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Fusion 1% challenge

vegeta1215
01-06-2003, 07:39 PM
I just finished beating Metroid Fusion and getting 100% item collection, and now I think I'm going to take the 1% challenge.

Basically you get through the game without collecting any energy or power bomb tanks, and only collecting ONE missle tank (which is unavoidable). The only other things you can get are items given to you through data rooms and core-X. (which include your first set of missle and power bombs). So 99 energy, 15 missles, and 10 power bombs...sounds tough, doesn't it?

(btw, there's a document on gamefaqs.com about this in case you're wondering)

Fiyerstorm
01-06-2003, 09:33 PM
Yikes. I haven't even beat Fusion yet (haven't had time to play.). Good luck and have fun!

Denium
01-06-2003, 09:45 PM
I'll be able to do it. It will be extremely hard, but there is nothing that we humans cannot do, as long as we set our minds to it.

vegeta1215
01-06-2003, 10:10 PM
I've been playing today, and so far it's not too bad. I'm at Serris right now, that fast moving snake thing in the Aqua sector. I beat him once, but then got killed by the Core-X! Darn that thing!

MottZilla
01-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Good luck Vegeta. Unless anything requires you have a good supply of missiles and can't be replenished, it's possible to beat the game. Seems to me it'll be more of a matter of really conserving your energy and using alot of the charge beam.

Warlock
01-07-2003, 12:55 AM
Haha, good luck. There are quite a few bosses that while easy, are nearly impossible to avoid. With 99 Energy you are going to have a hell of a time.

Denium
01-07-2003, 05:54 AM
Nightmare can be ridiculously easy, but he would surely give you a difficult time since he takes up more then half of the screen.

vegeta1215
01-07-2003, 01:44 PM
I finished beating Serris last night, and then went through the Nocturnal area to beat the big Core-X and get the Varia suit - he was pretty hard. So far I'm not doing too bad. Right now I'm up to the part where the Fire area is about to meltdown. One thing I've noticed is that firing a charged shot is far more powerful than using missles on a boss.

But yeah, the few bosses I really fear are the Spider and Nightmare - I had a hard enough time beating them with lots of energy tanks. I'm still going to try though :thumbsup:

rinaku
01-07-2003, 04:05 PM
Wow, I havent fineshed it yet, I'm stuck on sector2!
Remember this: Most bosses take more than 99 hp in one hit, so be careful. Good luck!

Denium
01-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
But yeah, the few bosses I really fear are the Spider and Nightmare - I had a hard enough time beating them with lots of energy tanks. I'm still going to try though :thumbsup:

Jesus tap-dancing Christ... Were you half-asleep while you were fighting Nightmare, or did you have a blindfold on? That guy was ridiculously weak. =\

MottZilla
01-07-2003, 04:46 PM
It's more powerful, but takes longer to shoot than shooting missiles.

Link 101
01-07-2003, 05:57 PM
That seems impossible! I have beaten the game 2 times so far. 3rd best ending though.

Mak-X
01-09-2003, 01:06 AM
Geez, 1%, good luck, that almost seems impossible.

vegeta1215
01-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Right now I'm at the Spider boss. Getting to him from the ship isn't bad, and fighting his first form is a piece of cake: the one where he crawls around and shoots fireballs out...I can beat that form without getting hit at all. But, his second form where he jumps and spins all around is giving me trouble.

I think I can do it though. I just have to keep him away from me, and jump up and blast him back so he can't spin into me or drop that stuff on me. After doing that, the Core-X should be easy. (but then I have to run from the SA-X in the TRO area: one hit from the SA-X will kill me, eek!)