PDA

View Full Version : No real point here, just some babble about MacGuiver

Mitsukara
01-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Before last Friday, I'd never seen an episode of MacGuiver. Apparently, it's old enough that TV land is showing it (it's not even 20 years old yet, for crying out loud! hahaha....ha.... I'll shut up now). Anyway, I've seen two episodes now (they show it on weekdays) and I've rather liked it, though it's often a bit punny. General loose discussion of the show does seem rather to exagerate on his 'MacGuivering' things... it's not quite as ridiculous as using a toothpick and gum/the wrapper to build a bomb or anything... at least, not in the two episodes I saw...

Anyway, I'll go buy and then eat a hat if I can find 25 people who actually went out and got an MP3 of the intro theme, intentionally. I'm looking currently on KaZaA but can't find one.

Shadowblazer
01-06-2003, 04:26 PM
It's MacGyver. Just FYI :p

However, it is a great show. Ahh, if only I could return to the 80's.

slothman
01-06-2003, 05:25 PM
I liked it too. In the later episodes though he doesn't do MacGyverisms as much, and there's no "opening gambit".

Ganonator
01-06-2003, 05:33 PM
i used to watch that show all the damn time.. ahh the old days.. one time, he tore a toilet apart to repair a boat engine.. crazy

the theme song though?? no clue.. btw, when is it on TV Land? not like i get the channel or anything here, but i'm just curious.

Mitsukara
01-06-2003, 05:36 PM
It's on at noon here, 1:00 eastern/pacific, on weekdays.

slothman
01-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Jennifer, where are you. It is on midnight EST here.
BTW one of the star's names is "Dana Eclar". Do you pronounce his first name with a long a or a short a?

Mitsukara
01-07-2003, 12:41 AM
I live in the central time zone.. are you sure it doesn't also come on around noon there on TV Land? I think it also airs around 10:00 PM or so here...

gdorf
01-07-2003, 02:33 AM
Yea, Macgyver is a great show. I swear though, that guy can make a bomb out of anything. He could probably piss in a jar and make it a bomb. ;)

The Man
01-07-2003, 03:50 AM
Ah MacGyver, oh how we love you...