PDA

View Full Version : Facet Of Worlds....

ShadowTiger
01-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Edit: Thanks to Demimore and Dark Bob, I can now post screenshots! :kawaii:

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://ayndemimore.tripod.com/f1.bmp
Above: A Scene from the dark forest.
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://ayndemimore.tripod.com/f2.bmp
Above: The Evil Lair entrance. (The first dungeon, not actually L1.)
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://ayndemimore.tripod.com/f3.bmp
Above: The River Man's bridge. And yes, it's got Z2 music.
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://ayndemimore.tripod.com/f4.bmp
Above: Also River Man's Bridge, but from the Over World.
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://ayndemimore.tripod.com/f5.bmp
Above: The humble town of Terin in K'Aria. Yes, you can go on that balcony. ;)

So I hope you like the shots, and now that I can host files from Demimore's Angelfire place, (To which I am forever indebted, so thank Demimore.) I can show pics of whatever I want. Just be sure to give credit to Demimore and say a quick prayer for his sake. He would have wanted it that way. (He's banned, not dead. :rolleyes: )

And now, the rest of the post:
Behold, my friends, I have begun work on a new quest. I have officially (well, nearly. :rolleyes: ) abandoned TP under the control of NeoPuff. You may speak to him for the demo, or look in my sig. It's still there.

I have begun work on a quest called Facet of Worlds. (Nicknamed FoW for short. ) It will have a very large span, being somewhat similar to DoY. (Yes, I will openly admit that the general scope of DoY wowed me, so now I'm trying something similar.) So far, I've done quite a bit, and I begun the project during Christmas vacation, and that isn't all that much time actually.

The quest will feature:

*10 or so worlds, each unique. 2 or them will mirror each other. ;)
*Cycled Combos used pretty well.
*Animated Door Opening sequences. I've got the tiles if you want.
*Many references to other games, specifically the Zelda Series.
*Completely Original Items. (I.e. I drew them all myself.)
*I fixed up some of the tiles, and made a lot of new ones.
*ZC Humor! :kawaii:
*A vast, fairly linear overworld with many interesting themes.
*A massive rock. (You'll see. :laughing: )
*A Very intimidating castle inside the big rock. (Again, you'll See.)
*A fairly promising graphics pack that you can use to take tiles from.

Progress so far: I've got about 1/3 of my OW done. (Er, overworld.) I just put in a sequence in which you try to cross a bridge, and a Z2 style "you need a bridge pass" sequence comes up. It really seems like something out of Z2! You'll see it soon if the demo is under 1.39 MB.

Now what I need from people are ideas for other worlds. I've got a desert world, a void, (That'll be cool.) A Ghost land, (I need destroyed buildings, if you can spare any.) A Volcanic Realm, and a world similar to the regular OW. That one will even sound similar. But It's not quite the mirrored one.

So that would be about 5 different worlds. I need ideas for 3 more, but please, no jungle themes. I can't work well with trees and foliage. (Don't ask.) And I've drawn in many tiles already to suit the themes.

Wish me luck.

carrot red
01-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Just a thought
I have
Iceland
Spaceland
Waterland

ShadowTiger
01-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Hmm... Thank you. "Spaceland" will be similar to the void. I want the void, well, to be a real void. I'm not sure what I'm going to be putting in there, actually. (Well, there you go, considering it's just a void! :rolleyes: heh heh.)

So I still have 5, but thanks for the suggestions.

Actually, I have another request. Other than making several threads in DevExch, I will post them here. All who provide will get major positions in the credits. (Yep, that's right folks, you get your name typed out by me on a notepad document! :kawaii: :rolleyes: )

Jigglysaint
01-06-2003, 05:48 PM
ZC humor, eh? That idea has already been suggested before :confuzzled:

ShadowTiger
01-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Yeah, it was probably by me. :sweat:

Y'see, it's humor like when you pick up a Special item from a guy, and he disappears, and you can add the lines "And now I'll disappear for no reason." And then he does. ) It's humor like that. But in that specific occasion, (When you get the sword.) I decided to drop it. Perhaps I could find a special, unique brand of ZC humor. The Avatar that I was trying to upload that I constructed in ZQuest was a kind of ZC humor.

Zaggarum
01-07-2003, 08:24 PM
THis is going to be cool :D I wouldn't mind being a tester? how 'bout it?

ShadowTiger
01-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Actually, I already have you listed in the credits as a tester. :shrug: So I can't put you on the team, because you're already on the team. :redface:

How's that for ZC humor? Bad? Yeah, I know. Well I'm working on it.

And you can see pics in my Geocities account. I've created a new folder called "Screenshots!" for everyone to see. Go check it out and tell me what you think.

And a note to all testers, I will have to release a demo before you can begin testing. As soon as can burn the file to a CD and ship it to school, (It's about 1.75 Mb so far. Shocking, right? I thought so. And I just started. :rolleyes: ) then you will be able to test it. I'll PM you all when that time comes. Until then, enjoy the screenshots of River Man. That was more fun than you'de think. ;)

RPGAngel
01-11-2003, 10:50 PM
I think, if it could be done, that something like a backwards world would be neat and funny. The folks Link meets could talk backwards and maybe even animate backwards too(that would look very goofy and funny). And puzzle could be solved backwards too. Like the block push one, instead of pushing a block onto a button, push the block off of the button(if that can work). What do you think? Could this work? Also, how about a townworld? Everything, even the dungeons could bee a town. Or an underground world, where everything would be underground? Like one big neverending cave.

ShadowTiger
01-12-2003, 11:40 AM
OK. That's it. I'm putting you in my credits. ;)

The ideas are great. I'll think about making backwordsland (That's one word.) World 5. Thanks for the idea. Just tell me a good custom boss for it. 'Cause I'm stumped. :shrug: :laughing:

Edit: Oh yeah. The town world is World 2. There aren't any enemies in it at all, as far as I know. The dungeon will be a gold mine in the middle. The boss will be a shadow creature that you have to strike like Ganon when he's invisible. But you can, of course, block his fireballs. It will be a nice, quaint world. I think everyone will enjoy it.

You'll love my 4th world. Especially those of you with blackened hearts. :sb: HA HA HA HA HA! *snort* Heh heh. J/K. Really, it'll be very spooky and..... dead.

DarkSFK
01-12-2003, 06:43 PM
I've already added my comments someplace else, but could you possibly list the testers? I'd... like to be one if you don't mind. :D

ShadowTiger
01-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Well, that shouldn't be hard to arrange. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

* DarkSFK
* NeoPuff
* Zaggarum
* Anyone else who wants to test can just ask here.

All will be given big-time credit in the rather lengthy (and somehow humorous) readme.

As for progress, I have most of the first overworld finished. But if anyone can briefly walk me through the process of writing to a CD-RW, I would be able to get this 1.799 file uploaded. Now, I have a burner, and a stack of good CD-RW's. But my school PC doesn't have a burner, so I can't create a drag-and-drop CD. (I learned that the hard way. :disgust: ) So I can just burn it normally to a data CD, and it will still retain its ability to be re-writable?

Zaggarum
01-14-2003, 12:40 AM
The Zquest humor ain't bad, but I think I will see better :D lol

ShadowTiger
01-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Oh. You Will.

You Will. :sb:

And on a less.... funny note, (Much less funny than :sb: could, anyway, as an evil smily.) I have created a custom death scene. I would post a pic, but.. :rolleyes: Most of you know that I cannot. But rest assured, every day that passes, I am attempting to remedy that. Anyway, I made my custom death scene with a pale, spinning Link with totally white eyes and no mouth, expressionless, just standing there spinning a little. And I made various other death sequences, like Link being stabbed by a death knight, Link getting run over by a floor trap, link getting burned by a fireball, and a bunch of others, I hope. It's really freaky. It matches up with the Wizards and Warriors 3 Game Over Midi. That's such a great midi, don't you think?

DarkSFK
01-14-2003, 05:01 PM
If you're talking about having to burn the quest to get it to school to upload, why not just split the file with a decent file splitter, but those files on floppys, and then transfer them there?

ShadowTiger
01-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Y'know, so very many times I had thought about doing that. I was actually planning on doing that very thing before I got a good CD-RW and a burner. (Which is NOT common for me.) Besides, it only worked once, with a note pad file. So if it's alright with you, I would like to know where a good file-splitter is.

But as for the demo, I have almost all of the houses complete, the first mini-dungeon complete, (I hope.) and a lot of the OW complete. There are still a myriad of bugs, but I am ironing them out as I go. So NeoPuff, Zagg, DarkSFK, (And IDK if you want.) you can expect a build no more than a week after I get this file splitter. And just so you know, the quest file is about 1.8 MB so far. And that is a bit much, don't you think?

Zaggarum
01-14-2003, 11:27 PM
ok gottcha. Those death scenes dound cool. I think that shows some good Zquest humor. :D

ShadowTiger
01-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Yes, and I thank you. Hopefully, you will see many more things that you would not have seen in any other quest. After all, as I have been telling my classmates for a year now, (That was no exaggeration. ;) ) anything is possible in ZC.

And FoW will show you the non-questing side of ZC.

DoY had capital port. I have a town city where there are almost no enemies at all in the entire world. (That's my second world. I'll need many more house tiles if you can spare them. Thanks.)

DoY had The Devouring Forest. I have a destroyed world where ghosts roam free amongst the entire land. (You can even talk to some of them. ;) ) And the dead castle.... well.... that would make you very sad when you'll see it. Dead kings and princes, rotten food on the table, burnt out candles, crumbling walls, and I can get it all from Ultima 7 Serpent Isle. Best, Game, Ever. Heh heh.

RPGAngel
01-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you liked the ideas. I'm not really good with custom bosses yet though(just learning how to do them). So I don't have any ideas fot them. Sorry. The game sounds and looks really great so far, can't wait to play it!

ShadowTiger
01-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Heh heh. I can't wait to show it off. :naughty: (J/K.) It'll be finished when it's finished. But I'm preparing for a release. but as I work on it, I feel as if it's naked. I'm preparing a title screen. A few pixels will be color-cycled to make it look all sparkly. :shy: Heh. Yeah. :sweat:

I could use some help with the title screen. I just need someone to sketch out some big letters "FACET of WORLDS" That's all. Bigtime credits! :naughty: :thumbsup: Thank you.!