PDA

View Full Version : did you just see the Giants/49ers game?

Paradox
01-05-2003, 09:14 PM
the Giants had a huge lead (38-14) and they blew it near the end, with the 49ers leading by a point. the giants tried a field goal with 5 seconds left. the center made a bad snap and the holder had to pull it away and run with it. the giants drew a pass interference and ineligible man downfield calls to end the game...

wow.

Dr. Mutagen
01-05-2003, 09:25 PM
You should've seen all the fighting that was going on toward the last minute of the game. The 49ers and Giants were at each others' throats after the last touchdown. It was pretty wild. I slept through most of the game, but I woke up in time for that part.

BebyGoku
01-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Hmm as much of a niners fan i am i didnt watch it but glad they won

Sub-Zero
01-05-2003, 11:31 PM
Well I think I like the 49ers better anyways. Ahmad Plummer is a pimp. :/

Samson007
01-05-2003, 11:39 PM
No but I saw my hometeam (the packers) get ahnnialated by the falcons and get knocked out of the playoffs!

Matteo
01-06-2003, 12:43 AM
That game was horrible... (I am a giants fan)
The Giants missed so many opportunities to put it away... aghhhhhh! my life is over!

Cloral
01-06-2003, 03:13 AM
I went to the tv, saw that the score was 35-14 and figured the game was over and went to do other stuff. I came back and the 49ers were driving to go ahead, so I watched the last bit. Man was I surprized.

Gerudo
01-06-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Samson007
No but I saw my hometeam (the packers) get ahnnialated by the falcons and get knocked out of the playoffs!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mattwdr
That game was horrible... (I am a giants fan)
The Giants missed so many opportunities to put it away... aghhhhhh! my life is over!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

:kawaii: :D

Dr. Mutagen
01-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Well, at least it was better than watching the Lions lose another close game (Yes, I AM a Lions fan, so stop laughing! ;) ).

Samson007
01-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Gerudo=not nice. :laughing:

The way I figure it, they deserve to lose it all if they play even 1 game as crappy as that one!

AlphaDawg
01-06-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Paradox
the giants drew a pass interference and ineligible man downfield calls to end the game... Actually it turns out pass interference was not called, only ineligible man downfield. The NFL said today pass interference should have been called and the Gnats given another chance to kick a field goal.

So naturally today there are a lot of pissed Gnat players, coaches, and fans. To them I have this to say... the refs may have made a bad no-call, but the refs were not the ones who blew a 24-point late-3rd quarter lead, now were they?

Matteo
01-07-2003, 06:09 PM
The Eagles are for the birds

AlphaDawg
01-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Even more insanity... though I haven't been able to find a mention of it anywhere on the Web, my mom told me she heard somewhere that New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey is considering suing the NFL for lost tax revenues from additional games due to the bad no-call.

Hopefully if this does happen it will get laughed out of court fast enough for the NFL not to lose a step defending itself against the 177-year old renegade Al Davis.

What McGreevey fails to realize is there would have been at most one more game in the swamplands, and only if the Gnats upset the Bucs and the Falcons upset my beloved Eagles.

McGreevey should also strongly consider naming all the Gnat players and coaches in the suit for blowing that 24-point lead. I mean, it was enough for Dragon and I to leave Hooters in disgust. You know a game must be going bad if it causes someone to leave a place like Hooters in disgust.