PDA

View Full Version : Maps and Multilevel dungeons

Ganonator
01-03-2003, 08:15 PM
ok.. time for a stupid question, actually, its not stupid, i just can't remember how to do it.

One of my levels has a castle, where you start out on Floor 2. I want to give the player the map on floor 2 and have it register floor 1 and floor 3. Is this possible (i think i've done it before) and how do I set it up using level #s... thanks in advance

plith
01-03-2003, 08:50 PM
When you get a map, you have it for all Dmaps which use that level number. So just make sure the DMaps for Floors 1-3 all have level 5 and when you get the map, you'll have it for each.

Happyman
01-03-2003, 09:02 PM
@ plith: Why level 5? You can do it with any level number... or was that just a typo?

It said somewhere about this in zquest.txt for 1.90... that's how I found out.

Ganonator
01-03-2003, 10:19 PM
he just means they all need to be the same level #.. ok.. i thought that it would screw it up if you did something like that, but i guess not.. thanks.

Praethus
01-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Maps, compasses, boss flags, and now boss keys all work on a level number basis.

Cloral
01-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Here's an idea btw with multilevel dungeons: If you are giving out the compass, reserve 1 column of each map and use that to be a floor indicator. That way, when you're not on the floor the end of the level is on, the compass indicator will serve to specify which floor the end is on rather than pointing at some random room. This works best if you use a custom map, because then you can draw the floors diagram in.

ZeldaLord
01-04-2003, 06:11 PM
In fact, you may even want to give the player the compass for that level number.

Off-topic: Cloral, I though you left ages ago (you haven't posted in a while). And how come your post per day count is 6, even though you hardly post? :odd:

KJAZZ
01-06-2003, 01:41 AM
He posted a lot a while ago, and little now. It's averages.

Cloral
01-06-2003, 03:18 PM
The fact that I'm listed as a moderator for these forums should've clued you in. :)
I don't have as much time to post here anymore. I usually skim through in the evening looking for people to help, but often by then most of the questions asked during the day have already been answered. So I often don't have much to do.

ShadowTiger
01-06-2003, 04:36 PM
I've had that feeling. Think nothing of it, friend. As long as we know that you're here to help us "little people," then you've done your job. So thank you for being such a great mod, man. :thumbsup: We appreciate the help.