PDA

View Full Version : My three suggestions (two have Plan B)

Qusetonui
01-03-2003, 02:57 AM
I am going by the possibilities of how easier the suggestion will be, from easiest to hardest.

Hammer ripples: Basically the Hammer makes a ripple on shallow water, ala ALTTP. The Hammer ripple would be the same as the pound, except the hammer makes ripples when it pounds the water. This might be easier to add than my next two suggestions.

Side-scroll swimming: To those that enjoyed the GameBoy Zeldas swimming feature where Link could swim underwater, side-scrolling-style, this is for you. Sprites go like this: Swimming up, attack up, swimming down, attack down, swimming left/right, attack left/right. This would be easier to add, but it might break some features that the Z3-style lamp did. You might want to add this probably in future betas. Consider this a Plan A.

Plan B: Make an item that will help Link dechipher certain messages, like the Book of Mudora did in ALTTP.

Mermaid's Suit/Level 2 Flippers: Some people never get enough of the underwater effect as seen in Oracle of Ages. This might be a little easier to do because we got the shadows in. :kitty: Now here's the tough part: When Link is swimming under water, he does not have to worry about air. Maybe some enemies could work underwater. This will make you press the direction keys a lot, but it's worth it. Link could dive underwater if a Water 2 (beginners: A dive warp mixed with a pit) combo is in place. Set the tile warp, make the B-button anything you want and you're all set. Requirements: B-Button can be any item, including the Shield/Sword; Explosives/Fire equipment disabled on combos and some water enemies. This should be treated as a Plan A.

Plan B: When you buy something, the guy and the message does not vanish, but the item you bought will. This will be a cinch for VEL's BS-Zelda quest, because it was based off of Bandai Sattleview-Zelda.

Discuss on how you like these suggestions while I pound bugs away so they are not in Beta 18#, fellow beta testers. DN: Remember, if Plan A is too hard, stick to my Plan B idea. It might be easier to add than Plan A.

Ganonator
01-03-2003, 04:40 PM
i have a question regarding your book of mudora idea

how would this be interpretted BEFORE you have the book, since we can't really type in hylian. At least my keyboard can't :D

OR it would work like Final Fantasy 1 with the town that speaks.. whatever the town spoke.. you had to learn the language before you could go into the town, or everybody said like geoia aogeijo or whatever it was... i guess it could work.