PDA

View Full Version : Contest of Courage Discussion

Dr. Mutagen
01-03-2003, 12:58 AM
I've mentioned it in a few of my posts and it's in my sig, so I figured I'd talk about it. My first quest is the first chapter in a trilogy known as the Mutagen Chronicles (The titles to each chapter are in my sig). The Contest of Courage takes place during the early 26th century, with the hero being a 339th generation Link. I'm about a little more than halfway done with the quest. I'm currently working on Moon Rock, which is a prelude to Level 7: Moon Rock Core. Being my first quest, I focused on my biggest strength: Creativity. Here's some of the features of this quest:

Classic Tileset
A lot of custom sprite and tile work
10 major levels the 10th level has multiple sections.
Custom dungeon palletes.
3 minidungeons (One has 2 sections)
MIDIs from the Mega Man series, Megadeth, Chrono Trigger, Brainlord, and more.

I'm not planning on releasing any demos, as demos seem to tick me off for some reason. Unfortunately, I am fairly computer-dumb, since I don't exactly know how to put screenshots on my posts. If someone could show me how, I would be more than happy to send some for your viewing pleasure. The quest is looking really cool and I'm excited to see the final product. Contest of Courage should be done by the end of May, if not sooner. I'll keep you posted on any major completions and I'm always open for suggestions.

EDIT: Looks like it might be a while before I can post any screenshots. My website creating skills are very rusty. Just be patient. They'll get there as soon as I upload them. :)

EDIT #2: On second thought, would anyone be willing to host my screenshots?

EDIT #3: It turns out that there isn't a single site that lets me build webpages for free, so unless anyone can host my screenies, I won't be able to show them. *sigh* :( Don't worry, though. I'll still keep you updated on COC's progress, so stay tuned!

EDIT #4: From now on, I'll post any major progress in my sig. As for the screenies, it looks like I might be able to get those uploaded. Look for them in a future thread.