PDA

View Full Version : I Need to Preorder ZELDA!!!

KingTut
01-02-2003, 11:49 PM
I went to EB, but $66 Bucks US is rather steep for a Canadian. Is that the best price, or are there ant other cheaper sites to buy from??? or are there any Canadian sites to buy from??

THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!
I read a review, and I have to get this game!!!!!!!

3-Headed Monkey
01-02-2003, 11:56 PM
Whoa, that's a rip-off. I preordered it at Gamestop.com. $50 US. Although, I'm not sure they deliver to Canada. I've ordered from there several times, so they're reliable, although you really shouldn't just trust my word because I hardly know you...
Here's some other places that are walk-in, not online, although I'm not sure which ones Canada has and which ones are just US:
Wal-mart
Target
Funcoland/Gamestop/Babbages
I can't think of any more.

itschris
01-03-2003, 12:06 AM
Wow, $66 US? That's over $100 Canadian. How does the EB you go to charge that much? First party games are usually $69.99 Canadian at the EB I go to.

Dr. Mutagen
01-03-2003, 12:09 AM
How much longer does this pre-ordering deal last? I'm thinking about doing it since I might have enough money and I WANT THAT OOT 2ND QUEST!!!

Zaggarum
01-03-2003, 12:11 AM
You guys want the OOT special offer, you should have waited untill Feb 16th. I read it at nintendo, on that sunday, you will be able to preorder and get the OOT special at any normal store like Wal-Mart. And the preorder is only 5 bucks. I almost feel sorry for you... :shrug:

Dr. Mutagen
01-03-2003, 12:17 AM
So I still have plenty of time to pre-order, I just need to wait for that special offer until Feb. 16th, right? Not that it's a big deal or anything.....

Zaggarum
01-03-2003, 12:24 AM
Its a big deal! :laughing: I am actuly going to go right when Wal-mart opens to preorder. It only lasts for a few hours. Being the large Zelda fan I am :D, I will not miss this special offer. Yep don't preoerder yet. You would be making a big mistake.

Dr. Mutagen
01-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Phew. That took a load off my shoulders. Thanks, Zagg. :D

grelca
01-03-2003, 01:29 AM
i went to EB today and it was $49.99 US.. and the preorder may only be $5, but the game still costs the same amount either way...

vegeta1215
01-03-2003, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop. You only needed to put $5 down. I put $10.

I was actually surprised at how much Gamestop knew about the special bonus disc offer. The guy who I talked to that worked there told me all about it: I wanted to make sure I was getting the right thing. (on a side note, before I went to Gamestop I asked the people at EB in the same mall about the bonus disc offer and they were clueless. Too bad too, they lost a customer :tongue:)

Cloral
01-03-2003, 03:52 AM
Yeah, GameStop people are pretty good. The GameStop here is Software Etc, and they always are at least tied as the cheapest place to get games, so I tend to give them the bulk of my business. I preordered it today, and the guy working there assured me that I would be getting the bonus disc when it shipped.

MottZilla
01-03-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by KingTut
I went to EB, but $66 Bucks US is rather steep for a Canadian. Is that the best price, or are there ant other cheaper sites to buy from??? or are there any Canadian sites to buy from??

THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!
I read a review, and I have to get this game!!!!!!!

Nope. That's pretty much normal man. I advise if you want the bonus, goto a store and preorder and just get the bonus disc and give them false contact info and pickup windwaker later for cheaper. I think I'll do that lol.

Denium
01-03-2003, 09:15 AM
IGN said that the two bonus discs, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and URA Zelda, were coming to the US, as well as Japan as long as you pre-order it, but I haven't heard about this anywhere else. Does anyone know if it's true or not?

itschris
01-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Denium
IGN said that the two bonus discs, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and URA Zelda, were coming to the US, as well as Japan as long as you pre-order it, but I haven't heard about this anywhere else. Does anyone know if it's true or not?

There aren't two bonus discs, there's only one that has OoT and Ura Zelda on it (along with a few movies of upcoming games). They already did this in Japan.

Denium
01-03-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by itschris

There aren't two bonus discs, there's only one that has OoT and Ura Zelda on it (along with a few movies of upcoming games). They already did this in Japan.

Oh. Yeah, what I meant to say was "two bonus games." And I know that they did it in Japan, but judging from what I read here (http://cube.ign.com/articles/380/380513p1.html), it looks like the disc is coming to the US as well. The thing is, no one else has mentioned or heard about it.

Fiyerstorm
01-03-2003, 01:21 PM
Does this GameStop have an online store???

*searches*

I was looking at Zelda last night on EB and if those fucktarts don't know what they're selling...I should buy from the more reliable folks...

3-Headed Monkey
01-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
Does this GameStop have an online store???

*searches*

Just out of curiosity... have you tried www.gamestop.com ? That's the only gamestop I ever even go to, unless you count stores that gamestop owns, like Funcoland and Babbages. Gamestop.com is VERY useful, and has a few rare things, too.