PDA

View Full Version : Help with doors

tai90210
01-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Ok. I have a question, obviously. But ok. I was making this one quest and I went to test it but when I walked through the door link was on top of the door instead of going through it. Whats up with that? I'll rally up some screen shots ASAP.
Note: This isn't so I can advertise my quest its because thats a little hard to understand.

idontknow
01-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Set the dmap to a dungeon type and level >0. By default, level 0 must be a cave or overworld..(maybe just even an overworld only but i'm not really sure) anyways, thats what you must do; as an alternative, set the door passage combos to overhead to force Link to walk under it.

tai90210
01-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Thanks. I'll try that.

tai90210
01-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Sorry to double post but when I use the edit button no one ever sees it.:angry: I found another problem. When I'm in zquest I can see the locked doors and shutters. But when I play it every door is a passage. They all look like passages. Can someone explain that?
EDIT: Allright. I've tried everything. Does anyone know what to do? Please.
EDIT EDIT: I still can't get the locked doors to appear. It just shows up as a passage. Someone Help!

Praethus
01-03-2003, 02:41 AM
Make sure that it's a Dungeon DMap and a level number higher than 0. That's the only way locked and shutter doors work.

Petoe
01-03-2003, 06:05 AM
Use the lock block combos and you can place a door anywhere you want in any type of dmap (cave, overworld, dngn). It might be a little tough to use them (for beginners), but after some practice everything's easy. I'm not good explaining how to use those lock blocks, but you propably find the answer in this forum if you want. (You can use the lock blocks only in beta 182)

idontknow
01-03-2003, 09:57 AM
What version and tileset are you using?...classic?...newfirst? pure?, etc...also, make sure that you go to Quest-->Graphics-->door combos and then you edit each door type on the 4 or 5 different pages that are there. You can make multiple door sets and give them each a name. When you choose the door type, select the door style set of your choice and select the door type and yeah, this only works for the dungeon types with a level # >0.