PDA

View Full Version : the flu

Ganonator
01-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Luckily I don't have it.. but everybody in my family does.. Both my parents just got in the car to go to the doctor... my sister, who lives in Denver, took her baby to the daycare, which made her exposed to Strep.. she contracted it, and now my parents have it.. since they've been out in public, i swear everybody has it now.. what's the deal?? and why am I so lucky?

Kryten
01-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Personally, I caught it two weeks ago, before leaving school. It spread quickly around campus, and even took out an entire dorm floor! I'm pretty much over it now; just coughing up the last of the cruds.

Sucks to have strep. I got it many years ago and was out for nearly 3 weeks.

Samson007
01-02-2003, 08:01 PM
I used to always get strep throat, but not anymore, I havent been sick in 2 years.

I have to tell this disturbing story however.

i have had the flu many times before, it seemed to stop coming when I joined AGN actually. But one time it was soooooo bad! The story begins, I was puking in the toilet and shitting at the same time! I hurled and then my ass exploded! I eventually devised a system, I barfed into a pail whil i sat on the throne!

Told you it was disturbing.

blckscab
01-02-2003, 08:06 PM
3 people in my family have it.
Because of it, they couldnt go to my aunts house to celabrate the new year:(

Flame Boy
01-02-2003, 08:48 PM
I haven't got the flu at all this year either. Which is lucky, people at school were gone a lot and a bunch of people were sick, and my parents were sick a couple times, so I hopped up on Vitamin C and stayed away, and I never got sick at all. No complaints here.

The Desperado
01-03-2003, 12:44 AM
My brother and his pregnant girlfriend both have it really bad. Makes me worry about the baby. My mom had it a few weeks ago, and my dad said that he hasnt been feeling well. Everyone around where I live is getting it. Im sure ill have it soon enough

blckscab
01-03-2003, 05:38 AM
I just heard that someone who lived across the road from were I live has died because of the flu:eek:

Drunken Tiger
01-03-2003, 08:02 AM
In my whole life, i think i have only caught the flu once.... :p

I guess im lucky!! :p

rinaku
01-03-2003, 11:48 AM
HERE'S A GREAT TIP FOR THE FLU!!!
Go to the chemists and buy some Vitamin C tablets- it works!

Denium
01-03-2003, 11:49 AM
I usually wake up with the flu in the Winter and in the Spring, no matter how hard I try to not get it.

stormwatcheagle
01-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Oh god. My entire family has it right now. My stomach was in pain yesterday. I tried asking my parents to kill me, but it didn't happen. I'm better now, but the rest of my family still has it. Thank goodness for Flu shots.

Ganonator
01-03-2003, 04:23 PM
I haven't ever got a flu shot for the fact that I have a bad fear of needles... It appears that neither of my parents have strep, and its just a virus.. which means no medicine.. it sucks cause i have to wait on them all the time

Daarkseid
01-03-2003, 11:17 PM
This is why I get the vaccine each year. The Flu could seriously kill me.

DukenukemX
01-03-2003, 11:51 PM
I haven't been sick since 3 years ago. As I speak my family has strep throat and I've been drinking and sharing food with them fine. Still not sick. Not even a little. It's very strange and even I don't know why? Even worse I think the last time I've had a vaccine was like over 10 years ago. To be frank I can't remember ever having a vaccine unless thats what my doctor injected into me when I get a check up. Which would still be like over 10 years.

BebyGoku
01-04-2003, 12:02 AM
I had it a couple weeks ago.....my only advice is RUN before you catch it

Maverik X
01-04-2003, 02:04 AM
My immune system is great, and the last bug I had was literally years ago. I'm just lucky.... :)

Maverik X
01-04-2003, 02:11 AM
My immune system is great, and the last bug I had was literally years ago. I'm just lucky.... :)