PDA

View Full Version : Need to get the Power Bomb in MP

Rijuhn
01-02-2003, 05:58 PM
I'm right in that part of Metroid Prime when it says there are "power surges" in the second level of the Phazon Mines.

Well, I'm stuck in that room with that damn ghost laser drone, or whatever the fuck it is. I don't know how to defeat it, and I don't know how to break the spinning cyclinder in the center of the room.

From what I can tell the Power Bomb is in the room I'm stuck in, but I'm lost, and if I die again I'm afraid I might damage my GCN in a fit of rage.

I've died 3 times trying to get to the damn room and now that I'm there I'm stuck. I'm so pissed and I can't find any websites that can help me. IGN is gay with their Insider subcriptions and all.

I need an answer before midnight tonight, preffereably. Thanks guys.

Ian
01-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Just shoot the wave beam at it. Wait till you can see where it is (ie. when it shoots) and shoot a powered wave beam at him. He's not that hard once you know what to do. After, You'll have to turn int a ball and go down the hole. But the electricy hurts, A LOT!! go through the maze and lay bombs when you find water. And eventually, you get the Power Bombs!

Samson007
01-02-2003, 06:30 PM
NO NO NO!

Wave beam is crap! I the Metroid Master advise you to use super missile in the same way as instructed by Ian.

Wait till you see the shots and LAUNCH!

EDIT:hehe, I just noticed that it says im a forum addict now. :laughing:

fatcatfan
01-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Use the wavebuster combo. It will automatically seek out the cloaked droid. Though you should make sure you're somewhat near to it before firing, so you don't waste missiles. THe droid goes down very quickly this way. I didn't use the wavebuster on normal mode my first time through, but I did on hard mode and he went down quickly then, so he should be simple on normal mode.

Samson007
01-02-2003, 07:55 PM
I didnt even see difficulty setting! Sweet now I can really test myself!

It was a bitch getting through all those wave pirates and power pirates.

I never used the wave buster on him, I got him in 1 shot with the super missile, which is also the best way to take down the Elite Pirate. 1 shot takes him down too.

Rijuhn
01-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Thanks guys. I feel so much better about it now. I launched everything at that damn drone, but only a few times, so I probably didn't think I was doing it any damage at the time.

And did anyone else have a hell of a time going through all of those wave, ice, and power pirates? Not to mention the elite pirate.

Tygore
01-02-2003, 11:12 PM
How do you get out of that room? It may just be me, but I can't leave that room where you get the power bomb!

Rijuhn
01-02-2003, 11:24 PM
I'm pretty sure power bombs can destroy Bendezium, which is what is blocking many areas of the Phazon Mines. There should be a door in that room with the ghost drone that is blocked with bendezium stuff, so just try and bomb the area around it.

fatcatfan
01-03-2003, 12:13 AM
You can also go back the way you came. On the far end, near the bendezium rubble, you can get on top of one of the glowing purple platforms and then work your way back the way you came.

A super missile works fine on normal mode, but on hard mode it isn't as effective. I know. I tried and died.

Warlock
01-03-2003, 01:19 AM
It may be my imagination, but it seems like the robot thingy shoots at you much less if you are standing on one of those platforms with the blue light coming from it. I know I was just standing there looking at it doing nothing.. of course all my weapons bounced off since he wasn't firing :D hehe.. but it seems like when I'm not on the platform I have to haul ass around the room to keep from getting shot. Maybe he's sensitive to motion or something..

Anyways, is there anyway to actually scan that guy? I'm hoping I'm not missing a Creature entry because the Scan Visor wouldn't register him..

Rijuhn
01-03-2003, 01:27 AM
The exact same thing here Warlock. I'm not sure how far you are in the game exactly, but it's my guess that you can scan it later on in the game with the X-Ray visor.

fatcatfan
01-03-2003, 11:35 AM
No, it's not scannable. You can get 100% without scanning it. Just be sure you scan all the bosses. My first time through I missed the rock creature and some of the super pirates.

As for it not seeing you when you are on those platforms, I think it behaves just like a regular sentry drone. Sometimes you can be very close to them before they see you, and if you are above or below them they tend to miss you.

Tygore
01-03-2003, 03:26 PM
I think that all it is is a regular sentry drone (or whatever they're called), just invisible.

Elemental Knight
01-03-2003, 03:40 PM
I used two super missiles on the damn thing, got me close to dead (and the maze for the Power Bombs got me deader). Don't leave the room right after you get the power bombs, thoguh, because there's a Save Point right next to you. It's probably blocked by Bendezium (don't really remember). That Save Point saved my life.

Rijuhn
01-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Yes I just got the power bomb, grapple beam, and the x-ray visor. Man, this game has got some of the best graphics I've seen.