PDA

View Full Version : i need a bunch of WAV and IT files

DeathLink
01-01-2003, 10:08 PM
anyone that has some bring them on!

and how do you make IT files? is it possible to make WAV soundeffects?(w/out a mike)

Yoshiman
01-01-2003, 10:33 PM
I think you need a mike to make WAV files.

DeathLink
01-01-2003, 10:35 PM
okthan, how do you edit wav files?

Happyman
01-01-2003, 11:13 PM
You can't really edit wav files. You have to basically just redo the wav file and mimic the "unedited" version, editing what you want edited. Which means you need a mike.

Zaggarum
01-02-2003, 09:13 PM
wait do you wan to record someting from the computer or your voice first of all.

Hermit
01-02-2003, 09:53 PM
It's "mic" (aka microphone) ;)

Editing a wav file consists merely of changing an existing wav file into whatever form you wish, whether it be chopping it up, looping it, adding effects to it or whatnot.

As for whatever it is your looking for, since you never specified I can't really give any suggestions as to where to go.
If it's sound effects you're interested in for the sfx.dat, I'd simply suggest heading to a search engine and searching for "sound effects" or whatever you wish.

As for the IT files... they're made with a tracker, which is basically a sequencer in piano roll form. The most popular is the Modplug Tracker (http://www.modplug.com).
If you aren't musically inclined to sequence your own compositions, you can simply do what most people do and make a wav of a song, load it up in the tracker, and save it as an IT (or whatever MOD format you choose). This way of doing it though has it's drawbacks, the greatest being file size. Depending on how you sample your wav file you wish to use, the IT file you create can get pretty large. But, if that's not an issue, then by all means, knock yourself out with it ;)

Yes, it's possible to make wav sound effects without a mic. But, you'll have to do it from an existing sound file(s). Perhaps take a couple existing wav files you find somewhere and combine them into 1 wav for interesting results. Rip a few different sounding sword slashes from multiple games and try combining them to make something unique. You'd only need a mic if you wanted to create your sound effects from scratch, which you'd obviously be making yourself ;)