PDA

View Full Version : Quintessential

gdorf
01-01-2003, 08:55 PM
I've been trying to find a good Mp3 player windows for quite awhile. I wanted one with good features, and the ability to remain stable while dealing with large playlists. I think I've finally finally found an Mp3 player good enough for my high standards, and its even Free!

Quintessential has great visuals, LOTs of feature, it looks really cool, and handles lots of music files great. It also makes it incredibly simple to add files to yuor playlists (unlike WMP).

I'd check this player out if I were you, its really nice. :)

Drunken Tiger
01-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Its not only for Linux is it???

Ich
01-01-2003, 09:11 PM
Wait, is the player xmms? Or did you neglect to say it?

gdorf
01-01-2003, 09:26 PM
The player is called "Quintessential", and its for windows. Sorry about the confuzion.

Here is a URL: http://download.com.com/3000-2139-10120012.html?tag=lst-0-1

Oh, and it happens to be fully skinable with a plethora of skins to choose from. :)

vegeta1215
01-01-2003, 10:19 PM
You never used Winamp? That's what I always used on Windows. The 2.x series was good, but I tried one of the 3.x versions of Winamp and it seemed really bloated and slow to me. That, and the CDDB look up never worked good - it just keeps retrying even after you tell it to stop (plus I would have liked to be able to choose what database I wanted it to search for cd titles).

Having used Winamp alot in Windows, XMMS was a piece of cake to pick up on Linux cause it's GUI looks almost identical to Winamps. Plus, I can use my Vegeta Winamp skin with XMMS :)