PDA

View Full Version : Layers and Colors

Lonemind
01-01-2003, 03:39 PM
I think I was told this before but cannot remember or find the thread. Layers cannot use colors that are on a different palette but they can use combos from a different combo page. Am I right?

Jigglysaint
01-01-2003, 03:41 PM
You can't use a pallette that isn't loaded for that particular level, and since there are no combo pages, you can use tiles from anywhere for layers.

Cloral
01-01-2003, 04:37 PM
And don't bother asking for the color issue to be changed. It isn't a software limitation, but rather a limitation of the screen mode used.

idontknow
01-01-2003, 04:44 PM
yeah, i was wondering about como pages too...i didnt think they have been used in versions 1.90 or higher...they arent used, right?..it seems that way but why is there an option to select the combo page in zquest?

Jigglysaint
01-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Its a bug.

Lonemind
01-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Ahhhh, I see. I sort of figured that combo pages were no longer used since ALL the combos looked like they were available all at the same time. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you, gentlemen.

Dark Nation
01-02-2003, 01:19 AM
Not a bug, really. An oversight. If you load a quest from an older version that actually used combo pages, that feature actually shows you what combo page the current screen used in the version. I did this when I was debugging the combo page removal code. I do need to take it out, though.