PDA

View Full Version : Title screen

Malo
01-01-2003, 03:14 PM
:darkmage:
How do I create a new title screen????

idontknow
01-01-2003, 03:25 PM
see my post in the thread called "zquest tutorial additions"...my name is "I don't know"..its like the third post down...look at the paragraph about "cut scenes"...title screens are the same thing except theres only one screen instead of a sequence and usually there's no string...basically you just have to "hide link" by putting him under a layer or even better, checking the inv. flag. Set a side warp and then set the # of tics it takes you to warp.

If you dont know how to set warps, link's position, etc..the usual things newbies often ask, then perhaps you should click on the thread above regarding the zquest tutorial and then click on the link that takes you to alphadawg's basic tutorial of zquest...learning the fundamentals is definately a necessity.

Dr. Mutagen
01-02-2003, 12:59 PM
If you want your title screen to appear at the beginning of the game, make sure that you set the title screen to Dmap 0.

Malo
01-04-2003, 02:20 PM
I still dont understand.....

idontknow
01-04-2003, 03:05 PM
What exactly do you want in your title screen first of all?...and what version do you have?...i do suggest that you make Link invisible and make the subscreen unusable (via screen flags for both).

ZeldaLord
01-04-2003, 06:19 PM
There is no Dmap 0... :confused:

death2004
01-06-2003, 05:44 AM
ok, i'll go over everything: rip or draw your tiles for your title screen, then set them in combos (making them unwalkable) then make 1 combo that is walkable, and place it at an edge of your screen, then 1.92 users go into screen flags and activate invis.link and no subscreen. and go to the dmaps menu by pressing d and edit the dmap numbered 0, make sure that you use your title's screen number e.g 00. now set a side warp where the side of your walkable tile is e.g. right side for tapping right (a walkable tile on the right) then set the dmap (new dmap) and screen e.g. 77 and test by selecting go, if it worked you should be at 77, otherwise, the amount you were off, take off or add that to the warp number. and your title screen is ready!

ZeldaLord
01-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Yes, but how am I supposed to edit a dmap that doesn't exist?

idontknow
01-07-2003, 07:02 PM
just set the title screen to the first dmap there is, #1!

ShadowTiger
01-08-2003, 08:46 AM
It's worth the trouble. In every quest you make, a person should generally set aside a few Dmaps (0, and the last 20 or so.) for special effects. These dmaps will be used for FX such as a pause in the music when confronting a big boss, then the music starts again full flair. You want FX like these. Trust me. Another good way is to have the main overworld on Dmap 10.

My question to the good people of AGN is, if I accidentally put my Overworld on Dmap 9, how screwed am I? I don't think Zelda would be showing up in a glade either. :sweat:

Malo
01-18-2003, 06:48 PM
well the problem is i have been playing zelda for quite some time now and just learned how to make people talk and pinpoint were you start at!
I am ashamed to say i am a newb because you might laugh.
and i barley know anything about zquest!

Malo
01-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Hi Malo! im Malo!

Sorry..couldnt resist....lol

Malo
01-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Maybe I just have issues???

Malo
01-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Its like i just took up the fucking Four sword!

idontknow
01-18-2003, 06:59 PM
3 posts in a row! in addition to spamming! thats a no, no...hehehe...oh well...not really my prob...just the moderators' i guess...yeah, you do have probs

VEL
01-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Please don't post multiple times in a row, and spam, it is against the rules. If you have something else to say please use the edit button.

AlphaDawg
01-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Malo
Maybe I just have issues??? You don't have to tell me twice. You'll have to take care of them on your own time, and preferably at a shrink's office, not on these forums.

Consider yourself officially warned for spamming.

Now, repeat after me, the http://www.armageddongames.net/images/mainpagetheme/edit.gif button is your friend, the http://www.armageddongames.net/images/mainpagetheme/edit.gif button is your friend!

Malo
01-22-2003, 09:14 PM
OK OK I get it. Now I know (and knowing is half the battle)
Thanks for the warning! I think?