PDA

View Full Version : "grabber" questions

idontknow
01-01-2003, 11:26 AM
i downloaded the grabber tool and changed a couple of sound effects and then saved it as zgp2.dat. When i tried to play my quest, the new sounds didnt work right..i figured i had to make zc know that zgp2.dat was the file i wanted to use for sounds. Instead of fooling around more, i loaded up the grabber again, loaded zgp2.dat and then saved it again over the original sound file that came with beta 182. I tried going into zelda classic to test the quest but now it doesnt even work at all!!! what gives?..does changing the sound effects make zc messed up? also, how to i restore the original sound effects and save my zelda classic!? and how do i designate which dat file i want to use for my sounds without having to overwrite the original file? PLEASE HELP!!!

Nick
01-01-2003, 01:02 PM
zgp.dat isn't even the sound file. sfx.dat is the sound file. :sweat:

Second, you can't tell ZC which sound file to use. It automatically uses sfx.dat. However, it might help to keep a backup of it around in case something goes wrong.

idontknow
01-01-2003, 03:10 PM
yeah i realized what i did just a little while ago...i deleated critical data that was in the zpg file and replaced it with sound data...silly me...so i just deleted zpg altogether. Then i ran the file that unzips all the necessary components for zc again and it generated another zpg file with all the default stuff...i have another ?...if you change something in the sfx text file (as it specifically warns not to), what would likely happen? And what are the #s for in the help file (0-34) and also, is there away to test for a condition that have a sound for it so that you can add additional sound effects?