PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help

haldrid
12-31-2002, 09:10 PM
I need help with a few things:

How do i make where the player starts?
How do i make dungeons?
How do i make where u warp to in the dungeon?
How do i make different colours?
How do i make different chipsets?

can anyone help me?

:shrug:

idontknow
12-31-2002, 09:27 PM
chipsets???...dont know what ya mean by that..first off...dmap 1 is the first map that Link will start at. It should be set at level 0 and should be your overworld...(unless you want cut scenes..which will be discussed later) for every dungeon, you need to set the continue screen, which is the screen where you continue when you die. Go to that screen. Then press the pg down key on your keyboard until you see a blue square, green square, and light blue rupee looking icon. Select the green square and place it where you want Link to be when he starts. Any time you use tile warps, you also need to place the blue square at the bottom of your screen to the place where you want Link to start when he warps from one screen to another. If you use an entrance/exit warp, you must place the green square as well. About dungeons, set the dmap to a level # greater than 0, and dmap type to DGN and the desired color (in the drop down menu). Then set the dungeon's midi (in another drop down menu). If you want Link to continue there when he saves and restarts, the check the box next to "continue"..also set the dmaps name/title and its opening string (both optional). Go the overworld screen where you want Link to warp from to the temple. On that screen, go to data, then select tile warp and then set the dmap to the dmap of the dungeon you just set up. Make the warp type an entrance/exit and then set the appropriate screen you want Link to warp to (the entrance screen of your dungeon). Make sure this screen as a blue and green square placement on it. I'll leave you at that; you really should read the zquest tutorial though and after that, do some exploring/testing on your own and then ask, but i do like helping people when necessary...once you start your quest and setting things up, you'll get the hang of it...if you dont understand, you should see what i mean when you open zquest...hopes this helps some...dont hesitate to ask..by the way, nice name, what does it mean?

Ganonator
12-31-2002, 10:27 PM
open up 182test.qst and see how things are done there. Imitation is the best way to learn how to do things.

Happyman
12-31-2002, 11:10 PM
Sounds like you might wanna read AD's tutorial...or mine when I can get my site back up and running. :shrug:

It has most of your answers. ;)

haldrid
12-31-2002, 11:38 PM
also how do u chose where a item goes?

Yoshiman
12-31-2002, 11:49 PM
Hit page down on your keyboard and look for the little rupee icon. Then, click on where you want to place the item.

zora man
12-31-2002, 11:50 PM
Press page down and select the rubee and place the blue green square where you want the item to be.

haldrid
12-31-2002, 11:51 PM
chipsets as in that thing on the left side of the screen where theres the moutains and trees and stuff and u place then somewhere in the area

haldrid
12-31-2002, 11:53 PM
thanks

Yoshiman
12-31-2002, 11:53 PM
You mean combos.

And I don't mean to sound like a mod, but don't double-post. If you need to add something, hit the edit button at the bottom of your post.

haldrid
12-31-2002, 11:55 PM
my name comes from no where i made it up

haldrid
12-31-2002, 11:58 PM
:shocking: :whap:

also can anyone tell me how u make it that if u kill all monsters the door opens or if u push a block a door opens or if u kill all monsters an item comes

haldrid
12-31-2002, 11:59 PM
srry

plith
01-01-2003, 12:12 AM
1. Don't triple-post to tell us you're sorry for double-posting. That rather defeats the purpose of not double-posting.

2. By default, shutter doors in a dungeon room will open once enemies are dead. To change this, you can go to the screen flags window, found in the Data menu or by hitting F9. Here you can check off Block->Shutters to make shutter doors only open when a block is pushed, and/or Enemies->Item to make the item in a room appear once the enemies are dead.

3. Are you dyslexic? These "chipsets," more commonly called combo sets in ZQuest are on the right side of the screen, not the left. To edit the graphics displayed, you need to edit the tiles first, by going through Quest->Graphics (this submenu for beta 163+ only)->Tiles and editing tiles from there, either by editing them manually or importing them from other images. You can then edit the combos either by right-clicking on them in the screen editor or by going through Quest->Graphics->Combos. In the combo editor window, you can change things such as the tile used (by clicking on the image of the tile itself), the parts on which Link can walk (by clicking on the box next to it, with the pink), the second CSet used (advanced feature; just ignore the blue box at the far right), the animation properties of the combo (betas 104+ only), the next combo in the combo cycling process (beta 182 only), and the properties of the combo itself (such as a dock, slashable tile, armos, cave, stair, pit, etc.)

haldrid
01-01-2003, 12:19 AM
ok thanks