PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing

Mak-X
12-31-2002, 01:40 AM
I started playing Animal Crossing again to make sure the town doesn't get unkept, and to pay off my loan finally, I'm getting a basement. Tomorrow is Dec 31, so its raffle ticket day, I hope there's a NES game to win.

I don't know if it really means it, but the Jan issue of Nintendo Power seems to hint at Punch Out!!

"Well-Wishers Expected of New Year

With 365 days of cool-stuff collecting ahead in 2003, locals will be lining up at the Wishing Well on New Year's Day, hoping to get that lucky edge that will land them rarer things - like the NES Punch-Out!! game, perhaps? Beat the crowds and head to the well early. You'll meet Tortimer there, and he's always in a giving mood on January 1st. If you need a double dose of fortune, try your luck with Katrina, who will be setting up a table nearby. Katrina's "sun-shine lottery" is always a big hit with the karma crowd, so start your year off on the right foot and join in the festivities."

I think there's suppose to be a new years count down in Animal Crossing tomorrow.

Here's a code for Tom Nook's Special Delivery #1 if you don't get Nintendo Power, say it to Tom Nook.

4 U F 6 T 9 4 8 G Z 3 Z W 3
d w # % j t L E q j 5 Z B f

I was playing two nights ago at about 3 am when I ran into a ghost on the beach. He just called out to me at first, and I had to follow the voice until he appeared. When you collect the 5 lost spirits for him, he can paint your house, pull the weeds, or give you a present. I got a diamond shirt :|

I also found out from the new NP that you can make snowmen by rolling around snowballs and then rolling one into another. The snowman is then joyed (if you got the proportions right) at coming to life. I knew he was suppose to give me something but nothing happend, so I tried using the A button to make him move, but he felt apart! I killed the snowman I had brought to life!! Later I found a letter in the mail from the snowman I killed with a present, a snowman floor tile. Be kind to snowmen. Only you can prevent snowmen from falling apart.

obi
12-31-2002, 08:57 AM
There's only one thing I have to say about Animal Crossing -

http://obiza.netfirms.com/axing.jpg

ShyGuy0824
12-31-2002, 11:36 AM
cool, I've been playing that game recently a lot, as I got it for Christmas. I've discovered some cool things, like the whole 'grab bag' contests that some of the animals hold if you talk to them often. I even earned an apple and a peach in two contests in my orange-only village! It's a way to get good fruits, so I planted trees for apples and peaches, but they both died! How do you stop them from dying? Do you have to wait for it to stop snowing or something? Also, Crazy Redd sucks, he won't give me anything.

How many raffle tickets do you have? I only have enough for two chances, but I hope I win!

Oh yeah, I'm a master fisherman :-P I still want better NES games, all I have are excitebike, soccer, and golf, and excitebike can only be played so much...

Grasshopper
12-31-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by ShyGuy0824
cool, I've been playing that game recently a lot, as I got it for Christmas. I've discovered some cool things, like the whole 'grab bag' contests that some of the animals hold if you talk to them often. I even earned an apple and a peach in two contests in my orange-only village! It's a way to get good fruits, so I planted trees for apples and peaches, but they both died! How do you stop them from dying? Do you have to wait for it to stop snowing or something? Also, Crazy Redd sucks, he won't give me anything.

There is also a sale day the day after Thanksgiving. Gotta beat those sales to get goodie. ;) Nah, not really, but its neat. Bring a bunch of money, to buy all the grabbags. 3 random gifts are in them, but I just some clothes and wallpaper, and some pinwheels too. I've never played any other grab bag contest with others though. It's probably the same though. FUN :)

I don't know how to plant fruit. Each town is random with friut. I have all peaches. But I got and orange, pear, and cherry throught the mail. I planted a cherry from my mom, but it died. You have to plant them in good spots away from cliffs, or not too close to other trees. You can get more friut through hear/say code at Toms place. Find someone who has something that you want, and if they agree they will send a code that you can say to Tom and get that prize. Thats how I got another cherry back. But when I planted it, it made it past the sapling, so I know it won't die. Its still a small tree though, and hasn't growed since then. I assume its the snow. So the other fruits I have, I still have. Wait and plant them in the spring, or at least until the snow is gone.

I think I only have 10 raffle tickets. That means only 2 tries, so if Punch out is up, then I won't get it, I know it. :tongue:

Mak-X
12-31-2002, 07:18 PM
I didn't win anything from the raffle tickets, I only had 5 chances. It was just some furnature though.

There are certain places where you can't plant trees. You can't plant them right next to walls, or right next to other trees, or right next to buildings. I have a tree by my house that won't grow anymore because of where its planted. You can plant trees all year round. Right now my town has Peaches, Apples, Oranges, Pears, Cherries, and soon Coconuts from the island (3 trees are coming in). I started getting Orange trees when I got a Orange from someone in town, so I saved it until I could plant it.

A good tip for selling fruit. If you play late, and Tom Nook is closed, but the trees are full of fruit, go around and shake off all the fruit so more fruit can grow in the next couple of days. The fruit you shake off will stay on the ground, and then you can go around and pick it up to sell when Tom Nook is open.

When sending fossils to the museum to be examined, all you have to do is create a letter to the Museum and attach the fossil. You don't have to write anything.

Rijuhn
12-31-2002, 10:56 PM
I'm sick of the game, or was sick. Around mid-November when I got Metroid Prime was the last time I've played it. I got it the day it was released and have played it for 2 hours everyday for nearly 2 months. And I'm sick of the game. I've done everything except see every character item and holiday. It's too tedious and the town is too small. It's a fine game to play with a sibling, and I did with my sister, but I got mad and deleted her town and we haven't played since. Right now though I'm enjoying Metroid Prime.

Kirbypuff
01-01-2003, 08:34 AM
I have been almost constantly playing that game! K.K. Slider's voice is so funny... and SG, crazy redd gives you better/more/possibly cheaper stuff if you use Fung Shui. Sometimes the animals tell you about it.