PDA

View Full Version : I'm really new at this...can anyone help?

Johnboy
12-30-2002, 11:18 PM
Hi, again. I'm still trying to get a successful version of Zelda Classic for Windows. Based on the help I've received so far,I have downloaded the file zc192b182w.exe . This file unzipped 3 total files in to ZCBeta folder: zelda-w, zquest-w, and alleg41.dll. That is all that is in the folder. Nothing is installed to Windows and when I click on zelda-w, Windows XP tells me that zelda-w encountered a problem and had to close. So, I'm on a quest of my own...but I can't look for the triforce yet! What am I missing here?

I'm new at this beta thing and at the forums thing.

Can anyone help??

Ganonator
12-30-2002, 11:36 PM
make sure you download the other support files, zc192b182s.exe, for all of the extra files - AGF config, sfx.dat, etc. This should clear up your problems.

Johnboy
12-30-2002, 11:57 PM
Thanks for your reply, but where is that file found?

Johnboy
12-31-2002, 12:06 AM
Found the file and unzipped to ZCBeta folder. Still not working. Any other ideas??

Thanks!

sorry for the double post...thanks for the heads up

Nick
12-31-2002, 12:13 AM
I'd try opening zquest-w.exe first. This will create an ag.cfg file (though it's the quest editor, it will do that). After that, if it still doesn't work, you may have to try using XP's compatability mode feature. I'm not Mr. Technical wiz though (since ZC runs fine on my XP). :shrug:

VEL
12-31-2002, 12:14 AM
Please don't double post (posting twice in a row), it is against the rules, if you want to say something else, please use the "edit" button. ;)