PDA

View Full Version : Dungeonwalkingquestion

CJC
12-30-2002, 09:11 PM
This is a silly question that's probably been asked before, but I couldn't find it. How do I make certain parts of the dungeon wall not cover link's head as he walks between rooms without making the dungeon a cave. If I have to I will resort to that, but I would rather not.

Nick
12-30-2002, 09:19 PM
If you are using ZC beta 1.92 Build 182, check the freeform dungeon rule. The only bad part is nothing will cover Link's head automatically then... so you will have to either:

A) Make the tops of your doors overhead combos.

B) Layer your doors.

CJC
01-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Well, I was thinking that if I had to I would make the dungeons caves instead of normal dungeons and then just use the overhead combo for my doors. Unfortunatly, I barely know how to use most of the things in the new beta 182 version and I can't run Zelda-W for that version*, so I'm using beta 163.

*I don't mean it's too slow or anything, it just won't open! :cry:

Ganonator
01-03-2003, 06:09 PM
well then... dungeons are set up so that the borders of the rooms all are overhead.. you can't do it in 163, make them floor level, i mean.

CJC
01-08-2003, 10:23 PM
I understand. That's why I would make it a cave and have the overhead tiles use layers or the overhead combo. This is for a house and not really a real dungeon, so I don't need to have it be a dungeon because I'm not including any locked or shutter doors.