PDA

View Full Version : Slipped under the radar of the FCC...

J.J. Maxx
12-30-2002, 03:53 PM
Here's something funny. Two things happened to me this week that I thought I would share...

First, I was watching some travel show on T.V. and this guy was touring around Europe or something and he went and visited a nude beach and there were blatant breasts everywhere! :eek: I was shocked and completely taken aback. I mean, this is the US, you can't do things like that, (Also this was like 6 o clock in the evening.)

So anyways, then there's this new radio station around where I live that just started up and doesn't even have commercials or DJ's or anything yet. So they play alternative rock and music I like so I've been listening to it alot lately. Well anyways I was listening to it and Staind's song 'It's Been Awhile' came on and it was completely un-edited! Hearing those kind of words on a public radio station in the middle of the day threw me way off. How could they have missed that!?

Anyways, I just wanted to share with you guys that sometimes scraps fall off the big table owned by the FCC and makes us chuckle. :thumbsup:

GuitarmanTim
12-30-2002, 04:02 PM
Come live in holland dude, we have tons of NAKID WIMMIN. Both on TV (honestly), radio (un-edited songs almost all the time), in the evening at the Red Light District (that's legal here), and on nude beaches (legal aswell).

Plus, we have weed, also legal. Welcome to paradise.

J.J. Maxx
12-30-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by GuitarmanTim
Come live in holland dude, we have tons of NAKID WIMMIN. Both on TV (honestly), radio (un-edited songs almost all the time), in the evening at the Red Light District (that's legal here), and on nude beaches (legal aswell).

*ahem*

I have everything I need right here.

/me looks at Foxy baby...

;)

GuitarmanTim
12-30-2002, 04:05 PM
then why the hell were you so happy when you saw nude women on a beach

;) now you again...

J.J. Maxx
12-30-2002, 04:39 PM
I plead the 5th. ;)

GuitarmanTim
12-30-2002, 05:24 PM
come again? is that something about the US law or something? not familiar with that, as I am not american, so sorry, but I got no clue what you meant there :s

MottZilla
12-30-2002, 05:37 PM
Its so you don't have to self incriminate yourself. ;p bad JJ.

Fatty Lumpkin
12-30-2002, 05:38 PM
Nudity is not allowed on public television for the most part. Except for shows about African tribes.

GuitarmanTim
12-30-2002, 05:51 PM
ok, I'm not touching that subject, if you ask me, it's ridiculous, I'm glad it's not like that in Holland.

blckscab
12-30-2002, 07:30 PM

*runs to the airport for a 1-way trip to holland* :D

Fatty Lumpkin
12-30-2002, 08:19 PM
ok, I'm not touching that subject, if you ask me, it's ridiculous

I don't see anyone here arguing with you.:cool:

Telling people that nudity and sex is no-no makes some people automatically think it's dirty whenever they see it, no matter what the circumstance.

Ganonator
12-30-2002, 10:54 PM
as for the original topic, in Fargo anytime past .. oh 1am, the radio stations don't edit music.

Also, if you remember a while back (8 months?) Much music was having a Slipknot special, and all of the people they were interviewing were saying "Fuck Fred Durst". It was like at 3 in the afternoon.. I don't know about you all, but that's a cable channel here. They can't even do that on MTV...

Dart Zaidyer
12-31-2002, 01:17 AM
As far as I know, we could be seeing a lot more risqué TV if it didn't all ride on what the advertisers would have to say about it.

satanman
12-31-2002, 10:12 AM
cool, you don't get nudity on TV here before 10 (at which point you've got eurotrash on channel 4 :) ), I dunno about radio editing, I don't listen to radio much. You'd have though weed was legal with the number of people in my school who smoke it, but it isn't.

Tygore
12-31-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by J.J. Maxx

*ahem*

I have everything I need right here.

* J.J. Maxx looks at Foxy baby...

;)

*loads foxy into a giant slingshot*
*aims slingshot for Holland*
*Ka-pwing*

Now what are your thoughts of moving there? :D

GuitarmanTim
01-01-2003, 09:59 AM
I <3 Tygore.

KJAZZ
01-02-2003, 03:43 AM
If only the US was more like Europe and Japan and whatnot..

Must...go...to...holland..