PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever do this?

Ganonator
12-30-2002, 02:23 PM
You just did.. Open up a thread because you didn't know the subject that lies therewithin?

I bring this up because I was watching tv the other day, and I noticed that all commercials nowdays don't even mension the product until like the last 10 seconds of the ad. The best example was for MSN8, where you don't see that damn butterfly until it hatches. Why do they do this??? I know they want us to wait in suspense, but the advertising works better if we see it longer.. interesting, huh?

Michael Moore
12-30-2002, 02:34 PM
lol, yea, I notice that alot lately, They make out a whole story and at the end, flash there logo.

El Oso Verde
12-30-2002, 03:07 PM
What really bugs me is ads for medication, and they don't even tell you what it does. Just "Ask your doctor if Sphyncteria is right for you!"

Yoshiman
12-30-2002, 03:16 PM
Orginally posted by El Oso Verde
What really bugs me is ads for medication, and they don't even tell you what it does. Just "Ask your doctor if Sphyncteria is right for you!"
I've seen commercials like that. People can't advertise anything these days.

DarkDragon
12-30-2002, 03:44 PM
As to your first question, yes, I do look at posts whose subjects I don't understand, since most posts fall under this heading. This is not always the author's fault; some topics are just too complex to summarize in one sentence.

And yes, such ads do tick me off, and I agree that advertisements for medications are the worst offenders. I keep seeing this ad about a purple pill, but haven't the slightest clue why you would use it.

Flame Boy
12-30-2002, 03:53 PM
Yeah I hear ya there. It seems to me also that for some of the medications the side-effects are as bad as the actual problem itself. I tell ya it's nuts.

Michael Moore
12-30-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by El Oso Verde

lol, yea I see that all the time. It shows someone's life all better and you have no idea WTF they are talkin about.

"Ask you doctor about the purple pill"

Yoshiman
12-30-2002, 07:24 PM
Patient: Doctor, what about the purple pill?
Doctor: What?
Patient: The purple pill!
Doctor: What purple pill?
Patient: You know, the purple pill!
Doctor: WHAT %^#!^$ purple pill?!