PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to make a screenshot my avatar?

ShadowTiger
12-30-2002, 11:22 AM
I hope this goes here, or if not, feel free to move it to the appropriate place.

A while ago I fashioned an interesting picture of a... well.. I can't spoil it unless it can't be done. I made it in ZQuest, and when I try to take a picture of it, it puts it into bmp form and naturally, you can't just simply rename it to JPG or GIF easily. So can anyone tell me it's possible? (I could probably show you the shot, but not just yet.)

plith
12-30-2002, 12:12 PM
Just open it up in Paint and then save it as a .jpg or .gif.

NeoPuff
12-30-2002, 12:27 PM
Give me the file by PM,and i'll convert it to .gif.
I know what you are doing back there :evil:

ShadowTiger
12-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Thanks, Plith, when you rename it like that, the Avatar selection screen won't allow you to establish it as your avatar, because it's STILL not a suitable JPG or GIF file, even though it has a file extension of .JPG or .GIF .

Nick
12-30-2002, 06:10 PM
Well... you will need to do two things.

First... get something to convert the picture from a BMP to a GIF or something. Some versions of Paint can do that.

Next... you have to shrink the pic to 150x150 or smaller, otherwise AGN won't accept it.

Breaker
12-30-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
Thanks, Plith, when you rename it like that, the Avatar selection screen won't allow you to establish it as your avatar, because it's STILL not a suitable JPG or GIF file, even though it has a file extension of .JPG or .GIF .

I don't think you're getting it... Don't simply rename the extension, that's retarded. Open the bmp up in a pain program and SAVE AS .jpg or .gif. It's very simple.

*b*
12-30-2002, 09:46 PM
a pain program? why would he do that? all he has to do is open panit, size it right, and save it as a gif/jpg BH4! ;)

ShadowTiger
12-31-2002, 12:28 PM
:rolleyes: Thanks for your persistence, but that's exactly what I tried. Straight from ZQuest, and then I opened it up in paint, cropped it as necessary, (Thought it didn't need it at all.) then save->as as a JPG file, and imported it to here, but it still wouldn't accept it.

I think it was in the save-as when it all went wrong.

Yoshiman
01-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Is it under 20,000 bytes (At least I think it's bytes)?

MottZilla
01-05-2003, 04:31 PM
BH4, get a real image program like 2020. Or send me the BMP and I'll convert it for you and send it back.

ShadowTiger
01-06-2003, 08:47 AM
It's nice of you, Mottzilla. I've gotten a lot of that recently. It seems a lot of people want to see what you can do in ZQuest comic-wise. Well, perhaps tomorrow I'll be able to upload it. I'm back at school with a fast modem, so I certainly can now.