PDA

View Full Version : wading in shallow water

idontknow
12-29-2002, 09:14 PM
how do you edit link's appearance as he wades through shallow water?

Zaggarum
12-29-2002, 10:54 PM
you can't

idontknow
12-29-2002, 11:37 PM
YOU CANT!? my link is messed up when he does! i've seen it look fine in the unification2 quest...um...what tiles are they supposed to use and in what order (directions; like first tile=up for example) are the tiles in?

Zaggarum
12-29-2002, 11:52 PM
Yep, you can't. All that is done with link when he is wading is a tile is put over his feet. Thats all. Oh wait. :) I just figured it out. If you don't have tiles set to the mics:ripples (in 'Weapons/misc), a defult tile will be over link more likely tile 1 (hearts) in the tile sheet. You follow me? Change this it the ripples tiles.

idontknow
12-30-2002, 11:09 AM
oh..ok..i was wondering what ripples was...and yeah..hearts did appear over link when he walked through my shallow water-which in my quest will be mud...i think there should be a new combo type called mud actually..itd be like shallow water+slow walk

Praethus
12-30-2002, 02:01 PM
Actually you could do what C-Dawg suggested a while back, and combo cycle between shallow water and slow walk but make it change it so fast the it looks like one combo.

DarkSFK
12-30-2002, 05:59 PM
That might not work actually..... it'd change, but the 'mud' sprite would skip because of the pause....

ShadowTiger
12-30-2002, 06:03 PM
Then don't make a lot of mud. Just a small amount of mud at a person's feet is enough to slow him/her down. (I've been in mud before. :disgust: I was bullied a lot in the 3rd grade.:rolleyes: )