PDA

View Full Version : traps and such

idontknow
12-29-2002, 06:18 PM
how would i go about making traps?..i specifically want a chest that when you open (slash), a burst of fire shoots at you (or even just a fireball or something). I figure combo animating & stuff but not sure, maybe someone could add this to the quest tutorial...speaking of which...we need folks making additions to it!..i would but i'm not sure how...plus, i dont really have much more advice to offer..but i would like tips from other users! :)

Praethus
12-29-2002, 06:47 PM
You could set the undercomo for the chest to be an open chest tile that is a C Statue Combo.

idontknow
12-29-2002, 07:31 PM
oh good idea...now how about falling ceilings that hurt you when they collapse?..how would i do that?

Ganonator
12-29-2002, 08:25 PM
hmm.. falling ceiling tiles

make a room with a timed warp that warps to a room with the tiles down and damage comboes (must not have boots!). on this new room, set the comboes to both damage and pit (using C's combo animation theory) and it might simulate it... just a thought. I'm no expert, but it could do what you want it to.

raptorscyther
12-29-2002, 10:03 PM
Wow, c statue shoots fire and i overlooked it?...
Cool

idontknow
12-29-2002, 11:39 PM
C STATUES SHOOT FIRE!!! WOW I DIDNT KNOW!!! i think in that in the secret flags dialogue box for each screen you should be able to pick one tile as statues projectile (S.P.)...so you could edit whatever statues in each screen shoot

Praethus
12-30-2002, 12:44 AM
C Statues shoot fireballs from the center instead of left and right. And falling ceiling can be done with only one screen. Just have a floor tile combo cycle to a fallen ceiling tile with damage combo. Then it can even cycle back to floor so it doesn't hurt once it has fallen.

Ganonator
12-30-2002, 03:31 AM
Duh.... I forget that it is almost certainly a lot easier than I try to make it. Thanks Praethus..

Praethus
12-30-2002, 01:58 PM
No problem ;)