PDA

View Full Version : Which of the normal Boomerangs do you like?

Lonemind
12-29-2002, 03:41 PM
Which of the the two first boomerangs do you guys like? I've always liked the wooden one better. You don't have to wait as long for it to come back to you before you can throw it again. It comes in real handy if you happen to miss your target and need it in a sticky situation.

MottZilla
12-29-2002, 05:26 PM
Here's a tip, don't throw it if you are gonna miss. ;p

Yoshiman
12-29-2002, 05:29 PM
Magic boomerang is better. It flies farther and I don't have to get close to the enemy to use it.

Zaggarum
12-29-2002, 05:31 PM
I reall don't care. They are both real good. The only thing different is the magic boomarang just goes father. That really doesn't matter.

Noli
12-29-2002, 06:08 PM
Well I tend to like the magic boomerang but I... who cares. They are only boomerangs!!:laughing: :laughing:

Ganonator
12-29-2002, 06:36 PM
They are both good for different situations - you can manipulate the movement of the small one better, and the magic one sparkles.. i mean goes farther.. I'd like both for different situations.

gdorf
12-30-2002, 03:50 AM
If you hit every time with the Magic Boomerang, its much better. Obviously, the magic boomerang is my boomerang of choice ;)

blckscab
12-30-2002, 09:11 AM
MAGIC BOOMERANG!!!!!!!!1111
It has sparkles!:kawaii:

actuly, I dont realy care, they only paralise(sp) the enemys,
and why isnt fire boomerang on there?:eyebrow:

DarkDragon
12-30-2002, 12:29 PM
Probably because the fire boomerang would obviously win.

Magic for me. Yes, you're in bigger trouble if you miss; its ability to hit Keese and Gels that are far away in remote corners of the screen far outweighs this disadvantage, though.

System Error
12-30-2002, 05:41 PM
I love throwing the Magic Boomerang and missing my target on purpose, and making it hit the target on the way back. I use this tactic A LOT to take out Multiple Keese in one shot (my record is 7) since the Boomerang normally bounces back when it hits a target, but if it's coming back, it keeps going. Besides, even if I do miss on the way back, I know how to avoid the enemies easily...

Nick
12-30-2002, 05:46 PM
The Magic boomerang is stronger. It can kill a bat in 2 hits while it takes 4 with the wooden one (or something like that).

So obviously, *votes for the magic boomerang*.

Lonemind
12-30-2002, 11:17 PM
Well, gee. I guess I'm just one in a million. I must admit though, the sparkles for tha magic boomerang ARE nice. Heh heh heh.

I neglected to put fire boomerang on there because even I like it better. It does damage. :P

Nick, which bats are you talking about? I thought all the Keesees died in one hit by the boomerang.

Nick
12-30-2002, 11:30 PM
Bats are a enemy in the 1.92 betas. They are like keese, only stronger and faster.

Samson007
12-31-2002, 11:40 AM
Magic all the way. farther, faster, what else do you want?

ShadowTiger
12-31-2002, 12:32 PM
It may sound a bit strange, but the wooden boomerang is better strategically. Remember when you throw it and make Link move around the screen so the B-rang will hit as many keese as possible? Well, when you use the magic B-rang, it goes all the way to the back of the screen. Then you have to wait for it. But with the Wooden B-rang, you just move a bit, and it's already coming back to you, and you're ready to throw it again! :kawaii:

But of course, the Magic B-rang is better for puzzles because you need to get it first to hit the orb all the way across the screen. But I think I will vote for the Wooden one.

System Error
12-31-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
It may sound a bit strange, but the wooden boomerang is better strategically. Remember when you throw it and make Link move around the screen so the B-rang will hit as many keese as possible? Well, when you use the magic B-rang, it goes all the way to the back of the screen. Then you have to wait for it. But with the Wooden B-rang, you just move a bit, and it's already coming back to you, and you're ready to throw it again! :kawaii:

But of course, the Magic B-rang is better for puzzles because you need to get it first to hit the orb all the way across the screen. But I think I will vote for the Wooden one.

...And so your point is? Patience my friend! If you panic while waiting for the boomerang to return, it just causes trouble! You just need to stay relaxed and move back and forth a little to dodge attacks, but not change the 'Rang's path. Besides, what if you are dealing with an enemy with dangerous long range attacks? Would you stand in front of it with your puny boomerang and throw it only to get killed? No! You use your magic one to attack from a distance! Patience! Rushing while throwing it isn't going to get you anywhere. For a better effect, try throwing the Magic Boomerang in a way so it hits the target in it's walking path. This also works for the Megaton Hammer, I abuse the hell out of this when fighting Darknuts, whether it breaks their shield or not! To show a picture, here's some rough ASCII art, but you should be able to understand it.

B<------E
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

---

* You are here
| Boomerang's path
B Throw the Boomerang to this point
E Enemy
- Enemy's path

As for your point of the wooden one coming back quicker, any expert can work the Magic Boomerang in such a way so that it's MUCH more effective. I could only hit two or rarely, three enemies at a time with the wood one, but with the Magic one, sometimes I've hit up to five or six enemies by accident! I missed an enemy but on its way back, it hit and stunned/killed all the enemies in the room! Go figure. :P If you miss, just run up to the enemy and hit it with your sword (or avoid attacks). Is it so hard to dodge a few attacks? You people are making ME feel like an expert at video games. Oh, wait a second, I am an expert. I can even dodge in tight spots...

---

For the Hammer....

*____H--------E

---

* You are here.
E Enemy
- Enemy path
H Use the Hammer when the Enemy is here!

The result is a smashed enemy. Repeat. As I said, abuse the hell out of this, especially against Darknuts. Of course, when to use the hammer in the game is just a matter of using educated guessing to predict where a particular enemy will be when you need to use the hammer/boomerang. It's actually very easy after you've used the item a few times to see how it works. After I did this, I could hit any enemy guranteed almost 99% of the time. Another hammer trick is to turn around just as you hit to hit multiple enemies, but isn't really recommended as once I got hit a few times and lost eight hearts when trying to do this. It's hard to actually get it to turn, forget about turning it in the right direction!