PDA

View Full Version : Perils of Questing, pt 2

Ganonator
12-29-2002, 02:22 PM
I've already covered Graphics, Sequence, Expansion, and Puzzles, and there are obviously more to it than that

Time is a real pain in the butt sometimes. It affects me the most for the sake that when it runs out, I'm done for. Right now, I thought I was going to have lots of time over Christmas break to work on a quest, but its just not happening. Also, I have a 'life' that so many of you all speak of. I want to get my quests done, but that's just a factor that you can't count out.

Competition might not seem like something that would affect personal questing, but it is a lot more when broken down. I looked at some pics of a horrible quest in QA/D one day, and that same day I posted pics of my quest. The first was ashamed, and I was applauded. The first guy was told, why not make it look like mine?? now that just hurts, and when working against other people for comparison sake, competition might be high up on the list.

AGN provides us with incredible opportunities. We get a message board to go along with Zelda Classic, something that has taken years away from me in the entertainment industry. This creates a problem, you see, because I spend time here on these boards and not in the closed blue environment of the ZQuest screen. These boards destroy a man, turn him into a spammer, and irradicate all kindness left in our hearts. And that's on a good day. I might not quest in 5 days, but I'll somehow manage to spin out 200+ posts in that time period. Think about it.

Knowledge is crucial. There is even a whole forum here devoted to ZQuest Editor Help. If everybody knew what they were doing, they wouldn't have to take the time to look around, screw around with features until they made them work. Of course, in a perfect world, everybody's quest would be quick, exciting, and new, so its natural that we all ask questions about them. That's why its fun, because its a venture into the unknown, right?? That's something I'll cover later..

comments, please...