PDA

View Full Version : Updated zquest.txt

JayeM
12-29-2002, 10:22 AM
I've almost finished updating the zquest.txt file for 182, but I have a few questions:

What exactly does the Freeform Dungeon rule do?

In Data->Screen Data, what are the Timed Warp Tics?

What are the combo types Lock Block 2 and Boss Lock Block 2 for?

I noticed that the Combo Page is still in the Tools menu. Shouldn't it be removed now or does it still serve a purpose?

Thanks in advance. I can't attach files here anymore, so what should I do with the file when it's finished? (That's just asking for the obvious obscene answer, isn't it?)

Ganonator
12-29-2002, 01:42 PM
What exactly does the Freeform Dungeon rule do?

- makes it so you don't walk under the edges of the screen. You walk over anything that is walkable.

In Data->Screen Data, what are the Timed Warp Tics?

- No clue.. probably for timed warps that will be set up in a later beta

What are the combo types Lock Block 2 and Boss Lock Block 2 for?

-these are like secret combos for Lock Blocks. When you open the lock block on the screen, all of the Lock Block 2 type will open. You can't open them with a key. They're like secret combos.. i hope that makes sense.

Qusetonui
12-29-2002, 02:24 PM
Timed warps is working, especially in the first private beta that I started with, beta 178. I pounded so many bugs on that beta it isn't funny. Three to be exact.

The timed warp tics (I think) is equivelant (sp?) to a split second. It goes up to 65,535 split seconds. If Link does not hurry up in a lava cave for example, he would be transported to the entrance after the 9000 tics you gave to him.

Ganonator
12-29-2002, 02:30 PM
Can you explain how this is set up then? i didn't really understand (and I was planning to do this for a volcano, strangly enough)

Qusetonui
12-29-2002, 03:02 PM
Make sure you set a tile warp up for the room that you want to use and give about 5000 seconds. All you have to do is pick a tile warp for the time warp and when the time is up, the player/Link will go to that selected screen. It's rather easy to do than you think it is. :p

JayeM
12-29-2002, 03:40 PM
Thanx loads, guys! The update is finished now.

Nick
12-29-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Qusetonui
Make sure you set a tile warp up for the room that you want to use and give about 5000 seconds. All you have to do is pick a tile warp for the time warp and when the time is up, the player/Link will go to that selected screen. It's rather easy to do than you think it is. :p

Hmm.... I thought that was for automatic sidewarps. It's seemed to work everytime when I've used a sidewarp for that.

StarFox
12-29-2002, 09:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it is sidewarp, as that's what I've used.

JayeM
12-29-2002, 10:12 PM
Hm, mayhaps I should change it?

Jigglysaint
12-30-2002, 12:08 AM
I counted, and every 120 tics is one second, I believe that 540 or somthing would be 5 seconds.

Ganonator
12-30-2002, 03:41 AM
600 Jiggly, but close enough .. "P

ok.. it only covers one screen then.. I'll figure out how to work around it.

JayeM
12-30-2002, 03:42 AM
Thanx, Jiggly, added that. It's one fast ticker, huh?

Jigglysaint
12-30-2002, 04:17 PM
Yes, it really ticks me off, but I make a puzzle where you only have 5 seconds to get the key before being warped back to the entrence. It even has an animated counter as well.

JayeM
12-31-2002, 09:45 AM
Ok, the updated file is here (http://jayemason.afterblur.com/zquest.txt) . DN, this is slightly different from the one I emailed you. A lollipop for anyone who finds something I should add or change. ;)

Should I post this file to the ZQuest Help forums at AGN and ZCN?

Tygore
12-31-2002, 01:21 PM
I think the explanaion of Eyeball B needs to be a little more clear. There needs to be more of what seperates it from Eyeball A.