PDA

View Full Version : locked doors

idontknow
12-28-2002, 08:58 PM
i just downloaded the latest public beta and i wanna know how to create locked doors anywhere using lock blocks..i experimented but how do i make it so that you'd unlock any part of the door and the rest of the door changes, without using more than one key?

EDIT: oh yeah...i forgot one more thing: if you have locked treasure chest (using lock block combos), if you had a flag 10 (armos-->item), would the item appear when you unlocked it?..i would like to have locked treasure chests in my dungeons...and whats the difference btwn lock block 1 and lock block 2?..i think there should be an updated tutorial as the previous one is soooo outdated..it dates back to like version 1.80 already!!!!!!

blckscab
12-30-2002, 01:12 PM
I would like to know this too.:confused: :confused2:
Also, I need to know how do I change what appears under the lock block when you unlock it:sweat:

Ganonator
12-30-2002, 01:31 PM
open up 182test.qst, look at the lock block used in the first dungeon as reference, and go from there.

as of locked treasure chests - I heard somebody saying that if you use an overhead combo, and the item just sitting there, you can open the chest, and it'll show up. I'm not too sure cause it'll look funny either way, but that's a thought.

plith
12-30-2002, 01:53 PM
IDK: Lock2 will not activate by Link walking into it, even if you have a key. It only changes when a Lock1 combo is activated. Which should answer your question about activating a whole door.

Blckscab: It's just like a pound combo. It goes to the next combo in the combo list.

idontknow
12-30-2002, 03:12 PM
what if you have multiple lock block 1's on the screen, will each be activated seprately?...in other words, could i make multiple locked doors on a screen, that arent in the middle of the sides?

Dark Nation
12-30-2002, 03:23 PM
No. All lock blocks are triggered simultaneously.

idontknow
12-30-2002, 03:36 PM
darn it!!! whats the point in that?...i think lock blocks should be triggered seperately as well as different flags...maybe in the new version DN...;)

Dark Nation
12-30-2002, 03:40 PM
This way you can have large objects that are unlocked at the same time. Plus, there has to be a way to determine which lock block was unlocked, the data has to be stored in the save game file somehow. As it stands, there is one bit for lock blocks and one bit for boss lock blocks.

blckscab
12-30-2002, 04:56 PM
Blckscab: It's just like a pound combo. It goes to the next combo in the combo list. [/B]

oh, it makes sence now. Thanks alot:kawaii:

ShadowTiger
12-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Oh! What if, you have a lock block, and a boss lock block on the same screen! Would they both get triggered at the same time?

DarkSFK
12-30-2002, 05:55 PM
Actually, the big chest with the overhead combo looks fine. Nothing appears weird. I was the one who explained this, and I have a better example at PZC, as well as a example quest. Go check that out. It's a really useful technique. :)

ShadowTiger
12-30-2002, 05:57 PM
Could you point us to it? (Linkwise.) I honestly can't get to the links at the top of PZC, so it's more or less useless for me. If I had a link, however, :sly: And thank you.