PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions.

King Of Links
12-28-2002, 05:28 PM
Ok, first of all why ain't there very many third party programs for ZC? Second, if I were to make a third party program what programming language would I use? Allegro? Ok, lastly what third party programs would ya'll like to see?

idontknow
12-28-2002, 07:15 PM
i have a few ?s of my own:
1. what is a third party program?
2. Where can i find an example of one?
3. And why did you create this post in this forum?

Ganonator
12-28-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by idontknow
i have a few ?s of my own:
1. what is a third party program?
2. Where can i find an example of one?
3. And why did you create this post in this forum?

A third party program is something not made specifically by AGN or DN that does something to the product made by AGN or DN... kinda like third-person writing. An example of one is fatcatfan's mapmaker for b152 (there's a new one for b180 which the testers are trying out) that draws an entire dmap using exported .qsu files.

as for #3, that's a damn good question.. .:D

VEL
12-28-2002, 10:12 PM
Moved to ZC Discussion.

DarkDragon
12-29-2002, 01:49 AM
Someone also claimed to have made a ZC trainer; I guess that would qualify as a third-party program. Quest makers got kinda pissed, though, and I remember something about it not working anyway.

Third-party programs would, of course, be much easier if Zelda Classic were open source. ;)
Realistically, making a third-party program would be quite difficult. You'd have to have some idea of what you wanted to do (the most useful third-party programs would probably be tools that helped quest makers build/finesse their quests), discover or find the specs to the relevant files, and experiment a bit. Programming language is largely irrelevant, since I don't think DN left in place any kind of plugin interface. Allegro is a game engine, so you definitely won't need it.

King Of Links
12-31-2002, 06:24 PM
I know this is off the subject but, does any1 know how to get that ZC Trainer (I just would like to get my hands on it for a few friends of mine)

KJAZZ
01-02-2003, 03:05 AM
"Few friends of mine.."

Suuure, we believe it's for them and not you...;)

MottZilla
01-02-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by DarkDragon
Someone also claimed to have made a ZC trainer; I guess that would qualify as a third-party program. Quest makers got kinda pissed, though, and I remember something about it not working anyway.

Claimed? I did, and they worked, and yes they did, and I didn't seem to care.

King Of Links
01-02-2003, 04:37 PM
hey it is for a few friends they don't have the net so they can't get on, could you send it to [email protected] thank you

MottZilla
01-02-2003, 06:27 PM
ZC Life Up (Win 95/98/ME) can be obtained for version 1.92beta 163 here, http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/zelda1/zc/

There is also ZCShark for 163 there (at the bottom).

I currently don't have anything made for beta 182 but I will fix that soon.

King Of Links
01-04-2003, 01:26 PM
dude ZC SHARK ROCKS, thanx bunches. I haven't seen you in a while mottzilla, then again I haven't been on in 2 years, i use to be on under a diff name then they kicked me off for no reason!!!

idontknow
01-04-2003, 06:39 PM
whats ZC Life, ZC Trainer and ZC SHARK? What do they do?