PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think this is wierd?

King Of Links
12-28-2002, 05:19 PM
Hey, does anyone else think it's wierd that they have been working on the new Zelda Classic for so long and have gotten a little bit accomplished in a whole lot of time? Someone want to try to explain this to me please?

KJAZZ
12-28-2002, 05:34 PM
Have you even compared ZC 1.90 to 1.92 Beta 182? Have you? There's been a helluva lot of improvements, and I'd like to see you get it done any faster or better...DN does have a life you know, he doesn't just work on it all day every day..he's doing a damn good job IMO.

raptorscyther
12-28-2002, 05:54 PM
Exactly KJAZZ, In fact I think exactly to opposite, Zelda Classic has improved so much, so fast since 1.84 in 2000/01.

P.S You can't rush programming.

Ganonator
12-28-2002, 09:52 PM
you also need to realize that most of the improvements are engine-related - for instance new items, link and his grid, conveyors, lock blocks, a TON of new flags, LAYERS!!, etc... not just the fancy new enemy tiles or link walking in tall grass..

DarkDragon
12-28-2002, 10:09 PM
Yeah, ZC has seen plenty of improvement over the past year. It might not look that way if you just look at public releases, but if you examine 180 you'll see the long way it has come...

King Of Links
12-28-2002, 11:45 PM
i agree very much so ,but they are working on improving the game itself when they should focus a lot on getting it to work on certain systems. For example it took forever for it to get to where i could play it

Ganonator
12-29-2002, 01:53 AM
Well, that's the downside of one person working on it. It's DN and that's it. Whem Phantom Menace turned over the code back in 1.84 days, it was only meant to be played in DOS... it has come a long way to be able to execute in XP.

Blonde799
12-29-2002, 02:19 AM
Well, for system compatibility, you can't iron out all the bugs. Some things happen just because computers are different, and if you looked at the compatibilty of most systems during the early days, and the "video test" DN posted KoL, you'll notice DN is working all around the program, not just a few aspects of ZC.