PDA

View Full Version : Technical Difficulties Viewing Threads... (Smart People Click Here.)

J.J. Maxx
12-27-2002, 10:13 PM
How come when I click on a thread, Opera loads only a couple posts and then just stops? It never seems to load the entire thread. Even when I hit reload it just doesn't do it. It's really weird. It never did this when I had it on 98 but now that I reformatted and am using XP it does this. Has anyone had this problem before or suggest anything I may be able to beat to fix it? Thanks. :thumbsup:

LordMagus
12-28-2002, 01:45 AM
It's happening to me too and I'm using 98. I think it's just a bug in this current version. Just reload until it loads everything.

vegeta1215
12-28-2002, 03:20 AM
Which version do you have? I have Opera 6.05 on my Dad's Windows 98 laptop, and it works great on the forums.

Did you recently upgrade to a newer version of Opera? I'm not sure if you need to uninstall the old one before upgrading, but it couldn't hurt :shrug:

zables
12-28-2002, 03:21 AM
I was using the Beta of Opera 7 and i had that problem,
when i use 6.05 i have never ever had that problem and im running windows 98,
so its probably just something to do with the new version...

cyberkitten
12-28-2002, 03:22 AM
i've been having the same problem with IE 6 in win98. i disabled sigs and that seems to have fixed the problem. my best guess is that some of the images in sigs are hosted by free hosts that are just slow as hell. i was going to try changing my settings so that the browser downloads placeholders for the images and then goes back and loads the actual image. if the problem is with slow loading images that should fix the problem, i'd think.

vegeta1215
12-28-2002, 03:23 AM
Yeah, I haven't messed with the Opera 7 beta. Supposubly they're rewriting their entire rendering engine, so it's bound to have some bugs. If you have the beta, downgrade to 6.05 ;)

...or you could give Mozilla a try! http://www.mozilla.org (version 1.2.1 is your best bet!)

Breaker
12-28-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by cyberkitten
i've been having the same problem with IE 6 in win98. i disabled sigs and that seems to have fixed the problem. my best guess is that some of the images in sigs are hosted by free hosts that are just slow as hell. i was going to try changing my settings so that the browser downloads placeholders for the images and then goes back and loads the actual image. if the problem is with slow loading images that should fix the problem, i'd think.

Indeed, especially that anonymizer shit... it'll freeze up the page on ya, no matter what your connection is.

vegeta1215
12-28-2002, 04:10 PM
I hate those annonymizer images, they always slow everything down regardless of what browser you use :(

I used to have some images in my sig, they were hosted on the small 2 meg space AOL gives you, but their server has been crapping out and I just said forget it.

theplustwo
12-28-2002, 10:02 PM
I used to and they were from netfirms and seemed to work fine but now Im going for the more sleek elegant look of just plain ASCII text.

Raichu86
12-28-2002, 10:34 PM
That's exactly like the problem I've been having with the entire forums not loading if images are enabled. :shrug: My Opera hasn't been upgraded or downgraded recently, and I rarely see these symptoms on other sites, so I assume it has something to do with the server.