PDA

View Full Version : Beta 182 - not a good one to put out

Ganonator
12-27-2002, 10:07 PM
This might have been one of the worst betas to give out to the public in terms of problems that are really apparent... I just played through some of 1st.qst and 182test.qst, and ouch..

well -

Obviously debug keys are still in:
A - pauses the game
D - debug mode
P - unpauses
W - instant clock
~ - wave warp
There are more, but I haven't found them

speed is a real problem, and i'm not talking about the Vsync error that everybody else is talking about. Normal gameplay ranges from 14/60 to 59/60 with Vsync on, and when off, about 600/60 to 1700/60.

Can you even beat the left aquamentus??

That's all that I've found for Zelda-W.. i haven't tried Zquest yet, even though I've heard that it works okay (for the most part) I hope that it works!

Qusetonui
12-28-2002, 01:16 AM
Here are more debug keys to watch out for:

S key - Shield switch
1 key - adds Sword 1
2 key - adds Sword 2
3 key - adds Sword 3
4 key - adds Sword 4
5 key - reverts ring
6 key - adds Blue Ring
7 key - adds Red Ring
8 key - adds Gold Ring
9 key - ???
0 key - reverts sword
~ key - not only it does a wave warp, once per screen it will revert the inventory to the original. Pressing it again removes it.

This is coming from beta 182 for Windows.

EDIT: Here are two more:

F9 - pulls up Screen saver
F10 - shows colors for that level

Ganonator
12-28-2002, 09:29 PM
ahh.. so that's what S did.. that would explain why I had to move S as well as A... damn

Look at it this way - maybe the public can figure things out before the rest of us.. it would really speed up the release to 2.0

PrinceMSC
12-29-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Ganonator
speed is a real problem, and i'm not talking about the Vsync error that everybody else is talking about. Normal gameplay ranges from 14/60 to 59/60 with Vsync on, and when off, about 600/60 to 1700/60.

Its also like that on the DOS version too.

DN, after you fix all the horrible bugs in 182, I think you should release 183 to the public. I also think it would be a smart idea to let your beta testers have a go at it before you hand it out to the public. That will save a lot of problems that might occur if you were to just give it out.

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

Dark Nation
12-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Yeah, 182 was a bit rushed. *sigh*

Dark Jim
12-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
Can you even beat the left aquamentus??
Yes but you almost have to touch him from the right side. But you can easily kick his ass from behind him. :D