PDA

View Full Version : in the edit combo screen, Next:??

DeathLink
12-27-2002, 09:19 PM
what the heck is that?

VEL
12-27-2002, 09:28 PM
It's combo cycling. When the animation of the current combo finishes, it will go to the next combo, and then when that one's animation finishes, it will go to the next, etc, etc.

raptorscyther
12-27-2002, 11:17 PM
Hmmm.. thinks moving platforms, and timed events...
am i correct?

Cloral
12-28-2002, 03:06 AM
Yeah. There are so many different things you can do with animated combos. Just use your imagination.

To give you some ideas, here is what I am planning for one level in Golden Seal. It is going to be a pyramid level, and therefore will be filled with tricks and traps. For instance, statues that shoot darts and floors that fall away after a short while. Animated combos make both of these possible.

ShadowTiger
12-30-2002, 05:49 PM
OK, I've tried this, but it doesn't work at all. And yes, I'm using 1.92 182. I saw that it works on the version that I'm using, (And you're using too of course.) Unification 2 demo by Nick, he uses cycled combos very well. Yet when I attempt to do the same trick, I fall flat on my face. (Anime style, of course. ;) ) Could someone help me out?

zora man
12-31-2002, 03:25 AM
Cycled combos are easy.
Lets say we are going to make a tile that will go from solid to uhhh not solid.
You will need two combos,one solid one walkable.
On the solid combo have it's next set to the walkable combo.
The speed at which it changes depends on what your animation speed is.
Simple no?

blckscab
12-31-2002, 08:09 AM
Im trying to make a weight covered in spikes that drops from the ceiling and is pulled back up by a chain, like in the shadow temple from OoT. But It isnt working at all :cry: . any ideas how to get it to work...:(

It uses layers for the weight and chain and the tiles under it change using combo animation. So when the block falls, a damage combo is under it, and when its up, its a walkable tile. The problem is that the tile under the weight is always in the wrong combo if you get what I mean:angry:

ShadowTiger
12-31-2002, 09:17 AM
Hmmm.. :reading:

You probably need A LOT of animation space in there. The chain probably won't do anything at all other than animate. The weight combo will have to be animated quite a bit, including the animation space for when it'll be pulled back even beyond the tile where it'll damage Link, where it'll be closer to the ceiling than to Link. I'm guessing you'll be trying that, right? Then get to work on some serious animation plans. What we need is a formula of some sort to match the animation speed to the cycling ability.

blckscab
12-31-2002, 10:17 AM
Question!
Could I use combo cycling to make the weight go up and down and then use that for the layer. That should make it go the same speed. But will it still cycle if I put it as a layer?

ShadowTiger
12-31-2002, 12:14 PM
While I'm not the expert on this, I think that this might require a little experimentation.

Blckscab, try having Link get affected by something on a layer. Try having a damage 1/2 tile on a layer, and have link walk both under it and over it, as you would have it on 2 different locations on the screen, just on layer 1, and 4, and 5. Try it out, and tell us what you get.

blckscab
12-31-2002, 01:53 PM
I did the experament, heres the data...

layer 1-no effect

layer 4-no effect

layer 5-no effect

DeathLink
12-31-2002, 05:37 PM
dude, that is cool. :evil: :gets ideas: :evil:

Happyman
12-31-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by blckscab
I did the experament, heres the data...

layer 1-no effect

layer 4-no effect

layer 5-no effect

I'll try to complete the chart (note: not positive about this).

Layer 0- Effect
Layer 1- No effect
Layer 2- No effect
Layer 3- No effect
Layer 4- No effect
Layer 5- No effect
Layer 6- No effect