PDA

View Full Version : Unification 2 Demo 1 (Pure Tileset version)!

Nick
12-27-2002, 08:57 PM
Yes! That's right! Unification 2 Demo 1 is out for Beta build 182! :)

First... some info...

*release_notes.rtf has almost all of the version history of the quest thus far, so it might pay to read it. It also talks about this release.

*This demo goes up to the second room of the Jungle Temple. The demo is over after this.

*If you by some miracle find the cheat code, it really isn't recommended to use it to go check things out. Not only will I be mad, but you will be screwed for skipping stuff. ;)

*The 1/2 magic upgrade is in this demo. Find it and you will... uh... feel special.

*The transition between spikes and no spikes in Kokibo Jungle is a little off... so wait a second after they go down before dashing over them.

*The mods will cause a great amount of sound crackle on slower computers (especially in the intro part). If you have a slower computer, it's recommended you try moving the mods out of the 182 folder to play this quest. It is recommended though you at least keep the Zelda 3 dungeon it (because of the next issue unless mods freeze your computer or something).

*Speaking of music, Lava Lagoon doesn't have a very good midi choice at the moment. I had to throw something in at the last minute, like most of the other midis (I was busy toying with mods). Trust me though, the next demo will be more midi friendly. ;)

Anyway... on with the show...

Unification 2 Demo 1 Download (http://nick.purezc.com/downloads/u2_demo1.zip)

Unification 2 Mod Pack Download (http://nick.purezc.com/downloads/u2_mods.zip) (optional)

Report bugs, ask questions, ect in this thread, in my email, or on AIM.

Raichu86
12-27-2002, 08:59 PM
U2 is awesome. I can't wait for the next beta. :)

Nick
12-29-2002, 12:02 PM
I guess this wasn't worth it... :shrug:

Edit: Someone just told me the screens and stuff were screwy. Would have been nice if someone said that 2 days ago if they were having problems.

sctmorgan
12-29-2002, 04:17 PM
o.k. I'm not one of your tester but I'm playing your quest. Love the graphics.

anyway, i beat level 1 got the key to get in the castle but have no idea where level 2 is because every other area needs a hammer. also, in the castle in the second room after killing the enemies the door on the left does not open and i don't have the key for the door on the right. what gives on this???

idontknow
12-29-2002, 04:24 PM
heres another prob...in first level, after you get the boss key, you use it on a door almost right away on a northern side of the same room you get it in but theres another room where a boss key is required to pass (theres a "unlit candle" and a white block next to it in this room)...so i cant finish the dungeon; is there another boss key i passed up or what?

Nick
12-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Once you get the boss key, it works on all boss key doors in the dungeon. ;)

Also, the demo ends in that room, sctmorgan.

Dark Jim
12-30-2002, 05:07 PM
Just finished the demo. Good job. :thumbsup:

Happyman
12-31-2002, 10:47 AM
I'm a beta tester, so I've played this one. It's very good, and the first level has the most perfect first level difficulty I've seen in a quest. Especially the block push puzzles. How many combos did you use there?