PDA

View Full Version : As for lock blocks

Ganonator
12-27-2002, 01:20 AM
with lock block and lock block 2, is there anything that works with like a boss key?? I had a really ingeneous idea by giving the player the boss key for the overworld, so when Link finds the big chest and doesn't have the sword yet, he can open it without the sword to slash it open, a la Jiggly... I haven't checked out the new beta yet, but from what I've heard in the public forums, only the master key is capable of opening lock blocks.. i.e. there is no boss lock block and boss lock block 2

Jigglysaint
12-27-2002, 01:25 AM
Wrong. regular lock blocks use keys, boss lock blocks use master keys. They should be in the new public beta.

Dark Nation
12-27-2002, 09:01 AM
Actually, the code is wrong. Regular lock blocks should use keys or the magic key. Boss lock blocks should use boss keys. That is a bug I need to fix.

Jigglysaint
12-27-2002, 05:02 PM
What about the not locked block, the one that opens without any item?

Ganonator
12-27-2002, 05:17 PM
ok.. my fault.. I'm downloading b182 right now to see what i can do with it

Tygore
12-31-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
What about the not locked block, the one that opens without any item?

OK, you know those two little pictures of the tile on the combo editor? Click on the one on the right. Little red squares should appear. Now you've fixed it! The block won't open for anything!

Jigglysaint
12-31-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Tygore

OK, you know those two little pictures of the tile on the combo editor? Click on the one on the right. Little red squares should appear. Now you've fixed it! The block won't open for anything!

I said I wanted a unlocked block, one that is exactly the same as a lock block, only it requires no items to trigger it.

Also, WTF(F stands for Fuggle) are you to tell me about how to use Zquest, I've been using it since before you even knew about it.

Tygore
12-31-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint

I said I wanted a unlocked block, one that is exactly the same as a lock block, only it requires no items to trigger it.

Also, WTF(F stands for Fuggle) are you to tell me about how to use Zquest, I've been using it since before you even knew about it.

It was a joke. And how long do you THINK I've known about ZQuest, you motherfuggler?

PS: Those blocks are already possible. It's called a trigger combo.

KJAZZ
01-02-2003, 01:41 AM
Hehe, it's so fun to watch them make fools of themselves..

DN? How feasible is the Magic Lock Block and Magic Lock Block 2 sound? We suggested it before but you didn't say anything about it lately, and I think it would add a little bit more use for the Magic Key..

Jigglysaint
01-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Sorry, I'm getting just slightly madder lately.

Currently, there is no combo that is triggered by pushing against it. Withough haveing to create a new combo around that, I just though it would be easier to have a combo that just does the same as the lock block, but without the lock part. I'm aware that the trigger combos work fine-except in dungeons, which is the norm in Zelda 1.

Ganonator
01-02-2003, 03:07 AM
it could be renamed 'chest lock block' because I feel that is how it will be used the most.. it would be the same as an 'unlocked' block, but makes the sound of a Z3 chest opening...

Tygore
01-02-2003, 01:50 PM
JIGGLYSAINT - \/
If you wanna make them approachable from only one direction, you could make IT the trigger combo and make it half walkable.

Jigglysaint
01-02-2003, 04:31 PM
So to push a switch that's on a block you would have to walk halfway onto the block to push it, and then only from one direction? I'm not talking about single direction, I'm talking about a switch that's in the middle of the room, or a wall switch. You see, I was never refering to floor switches at all, only wall switches. I guess I should be clear next time. Anyway, currently, you can't make a wall switch unless you do it the way you perscrible, but then you start go go over the actual tile a bit, and it looks wrong. Also, with this new combo I'm suggesting, we can have a room where to open the door, you have to push a floor switch, then push a wall switch after. It would give more variation to the game. It would also allow for the combo to stay activated in dungeons, which by their very nature are not supposed to retain secrets. Do you understand?

Ganonator
01-02-2003, 05:18 PM
ok ok ok.. now that makes a bunch more sense... possibly maybe just a screen flag - "dungeon secrets remain"?? that would solve this problem. (and correct the tower in my LO quest with the bombs)

Cloral
01-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Jiggly's idea would be like the prizon locks in level 4 of the dark world in LttP - you have to push against them for a sec to open them up, but it doesn't actually use up anything.

And along these lines, how about a 'shutter' combo? It would work by waiting until Link had fully walked into the room, and then if shutters should be triggered, the combos would switch to the next ones in the list. Then, when the player did whatever was necesary to open shutters normally (i.e. kill all the enemies), the combos would revert to what they were previously. This would allow for fully freeform dungeons.

Jigglysaint
01-02-2003, 10:22 PM
The prison blocks actually use the Big Key, just like the big chests. The thing in level 4 is that you have to get the key before you even get to that spot, but the tile is the very same as the one in the castle where you rescue Zelda.

KJAZZ
01-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Yeah. Hehe, Prizon. I like the idea though. Also, on a non related note, how feasible are Pot Combos? They act like the Bush combo, but the animation happens differently to act like a pot. Currently I have my flower animation look like pebbles, and the Pots set to Flower Combo, but it looks odd.