PDA

View Full Version : beta 180 questions

blckscab
12-26-2002, 05:34 AM
1. How do I get the bushes to work? Whenever I slash them, the leaves fly around but the bush stays in the same place.:confused: :confuse2:

2. What is the grappling thing that you can download from the thread with the 180 links?

3.If I check the freeform dungeon rule. Will my dungeons made in 163 still work?

4.What do the * butons at the bottom of the layers box do?

thats all about it so far;)

ShadowTiger
12-26-2002, 01:57 PM
blah. I just found the answers to all those questions. (Yes, right now. really.)

1) If you are referring to the leaves that fly away from the bush, (you... are using the bush combo, right? Not the flower one?) then check out the PureZC tileset. They've got a good example of leaves on one of the earlier pages, as well as the splashes and slashes. Go check it out. But if you're referring to the bush actually not leaving, check the undercombo. That's my guess, anyway.

2) The "Grappling" thing that you're referring to, is actually a sound grabbing utility that would allow you to rip sounds from other games or something like that. It works fine for me, I just haven't found a file that it's compatible with. :shrug: It's a shame, really. I had loads of files that I thought I could use them with. But not a single one of them worked for me. :shakeno:

3) I certainly don't see why not! :D Just keep in mind that with a freeform dungeon, when Link is on the top-most position, he can finally move upwards against the wall. It just seems like something important, is all. :redface:

4) Autolayers. :angry: They messed up my entire quest! I don't even know if it's bugged or not! :disgust: It seems like a good idea, but that will only really apply when we all figure out how to work it. The stereotypical effect of it is to set the layers of one map to be entirely on another map, but with the screens similar, so any layer on map 2 would affect that same screen number on map 1, in a very efficient style. (Kinda like how I laid it out. It really is pretty darn efficient.) But when I tried it out, instead of having the layers on map #2, they had it on the same map # as the one the actual stuff was on. And I still don't understand the whole "Value #" thing. Could someone step in and help us out? :confused:

Happyman
12-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Autolayers? OK...here I go...*begins incomprehensible rambling*

Autolayers basically allow you to assign a map to be the layer X of every screen on the map that you have selected. X is the layer that you selected to be autolayered.

So, let's say I have 5 maps in my map count in my quest. I go to map 2, and want all of map 2's screens' layer 3s to reference to map 6. First of all, this won't work unless you create the map you will use (duh!). So we have to make the map count 6 first.

Now we go to any screen on map 2, go to the Data -> Layers dialog, and click the * button below the layer 3 stuff. When it asks for a value, type in 6.

Tada! Just note that it won't change what screen map 2's layers use.

blckscab
12-26-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4

If you're referring to the bush actually not leaving, check the undercombo. That's my guess, anyway.

yes, I am using the bush combo.
I ment that when link slashes a bush, the leaves apear, but the bush wont turn to the under combo.

Another question. When I animate combos, if I put the speed above 10 it dosnt work. Is that supposed to happen?

[edit]
At last I have managed to get the bushes to work.
I think the quest went funny because I also couldnt disable the sword slash:odd: . SO, I went and did it again and it now works:)