PDA

View Full Version : 182: Cycled Doors.

Dart Zaidyer
12-25-2002, 05:25 PM
I had this brilliant idea: Make dungeon doors look like they're opening/closing instead of just appearing closed or open from out of nowhere.

However, implementation has been a bit... weird. You see, I've assigned an animation time to my shutters so you can see them closing. (but zero animation frames.) Unfortunately you can catch the shutter at any point in it's animation, meaning sometimes it'll hesitate to open or close, or in some cases, appear open or closed instantly.

By the way, this is with the Freeform Dungeons quest rule checked. I haven't tried it otherwise, but I don't want to use old-style dungeons.

Advice?

fingolfin
12-26-2002, 02:17 AM
Isn't this a suggestion?

Happyman
12-26-2002, 03:01 PM
No. You can use combo cycling with doors to make them look like they open and close.

Nick
12-26-2002, 04:35 PM
Yeah, you can do that, but it isn't perfect. I tried it a few betas ago with the ML version of Unification 2 (with all the frames being done with combo cycling). Apparently, I found Link walking thru already closed shutter doors several times. :sweat:

Dart Zaidyer
12-26-2002, 04:43 PM
In a freeform dungeon, Link will walk through the shutter in it's first frame of cycling open, then it will cycle closed. Meaning you have to have the first frame an open archway in both opening and closing.

A good animation speed is 8 or 10, that way there's a better chance of seeing it cycle through the different combos.