PDA

View Full Version : And the Internet Villain award goes to...

DukenukemX
12-24-2002, 10:21 PM
RIAA gets the Internet Villain award for supporting "right to hack" proposals and other unworkable solutions to curb copyright abuse’".

RIAA and many other companies have recieved the Internet Villain award at ISPAs (http://www.ispaawards.org.uk/categories/villain.htm). So do you think the RIAA got their appropiate award?

Starkist
12-25-2002, 02:23 AM
Why are they vilified for supporting hacking while at the same time they vilify those who support stealing? Do two wrongs make a right? To turn it around, why do we hate them for supporting hacking and are hated for sharing music?

AlexMax
12-25-2002, 12:09 PM
A-FUCKING-MEN

Those clueless and greedy sons-of-bitches deserve every bit of hate they get.

No, I'm not saying we're right. I'm just saying they're wrong.

Masamune
12-25-2002, 05:24 PM
screw RIAA! i want the award! i'm always harassing people online and asking them for stuff like cookies and color TVs! hell i don't even spell right or fix my typos dso you have to figure out what i tyope! i should get the internet villaib award!!!!11

Artevoi
12-25-2002, 08:52 PM
You're not evil enough, Masa. Sorry.

Ian
12-25-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Artevoi
You're not evil enough, Masa. Sorry.

too bas masa. Maybe next year :shrug:

Daarkseid
12-26-2002, 07:23 PM
I say the RIAA deserved what they got. Times are changing and the internet is creating a venue through which copyrightable material, in its present form, is much less controllable. Their attempts to control the situation by gaining some legal grounds for their own rights to hack are deplorable.

The only tactic they've used, that I heard of and liked, was the flooding of peer to peer services with fake files. I know I've been discouraged on a number of occasions to try to download what I shouldn't because the files I spent hours downloading, didn't work.

zables
12-29-2002, 01:56 AM
Ummm. i know that this is gonna sound really really stupid...
but who's the RIAA? i dont reconize the initials...

Ich
12-29-2002, 03:18 AM
The Recording Industry Association of America.

I've downloaded the entire CD output of the German punkrock group WIZO, and I've never gotten a bogus music file. I think they were pretty stupid shutting down Napster in the first place, because there were already replacements in line that couldn't be shut down.

I've also ripped music from Kopiergeschützte CD's (the German word for copy protected) by hooking a discman up to my microphone port, and selecting "Record from Mic/line in" in the tools menu of RealJukebox (Go to options and make the files be non-protected). I live the life of a music pirate. Arrh, matey!