PDA

View Full Version : Egads!

kittifelyne
12-23-2002, 11:52 PM
Okay! I've managed to get my first screen done...with one big problem...

I am able to walk through trees, rocks, sign posts.
What gives?
At first I found link was facing the wrong way when walking...but corrected that by removing the use bs-graphics rule.

But I haven't a clue as to why all my tiles are walkable.
These are beautiful tiles other quest makers made and are being allowed to use. I know about the warp tile..but I haven't edited
these tiles to be used that way. Is there a rule I'm using that causes this...and what about that layering screen ? I'm not sure what to do. (you know at the bottom where you set start and exit points)Help!...also how do you use the chest? is that an under combo type thing? or secret combo? :cry:

using zc 1.92 beta 163:laughing: :kitty:

thanks!

Jigglysaint
12-24-2002, 12:12 AM
Ah, this was the one that got me the very first time I tried Zquest. Basically, none of your tiles have walk flags checked. Select a combo for editing, then look at the square just right of the graphic. You should see a square that, when clicked on, will place a small pink square on it. Basically, this is the walk flag editor. If you see all grey, the tile is totally walkable.

As for the chest, and believe me, you will be getting the best help, make a combo with the closed chest tile, and make it a slash combo. Now, make a open chest tile, but make sure that only the top part is walkable(meaning that the grey square will have the upper part pink). Place the closed chest where you want it to be, place flag #10 on top of it, and go to the room data and select item room, then select a special item you want to appear. Now, place the open chest combo as the undercombo and it should work.

kittifelyne
12-24-2002, 12:28 AM
thanks Jig...I'm going to go do that right now!:laughing: :kitty: