PDA

View Full Version : I've come to the conclusion...

MrCow
12-23-2002, 11:49 PM
that I want to play the drums. I told my dad he just looked at me. So I'm gonna get a practice pad and some sticks. maybe get a lesson or two to get me started. I CANT WAIT!!!

Dechipher
12-23-2002, 11:53 PM
It's not as easy as it looks. Dont go expecting to learn the drums in two weeks.

Second: Don't give up. Keep at it, you'll get it eventually,

Third: use your wrists, not your arms.

J.J. Maxx
12-23-2002, 11:56 PM
It helps if you lose an arm in a fiery car wreck. :odd:

...Or something. Yeah, practice makes perfect and you need to be always beating on everything with your hands, pencils, surgical equipment, small woodland creatures.. etc. :thumbsup:

:)

MrCow
12-23-2002, 11:56 PM
i know its not as easy as it looks
im not gonna give up
and thanx for the tip

Originally posted by J.J. Maxx

...Or something. Yeah, practice makes perfect and you need to be always beating on everything with your hands, pencils, surgical equipment, small woodland creatures.. etc. :thumbsup:

HAHAHAHA I WANNA HIT WOODLAND CREATURES:-P

Dechipher
12-24-2002, 12:06 AM
Heh, Jj's right.

Ever since I started drumming, I beat on everything.

Er...
you know, with rhythms and stuff.

Also,

Fourth: The MOST important thing a drummer needs to be able to do, is keep tempo, which is the pace of the song.

MrCow
12-24-2002, 12:08 AM
i know that much... I really want to do this though

Dechipher
12-24-2002, 12:29 AM
Do you have any musical experience, prior to playing the drums?

MrCow
12-24-2002, 01:01 AM
nope gotta start somewhere and ive always had an interest in the drums and guitar so im gonna choose the drums i got a friend who plays guitar and hes got a friend who plays base gutiar so we are thinkin band if we all get good enough

Dechipher
12-24-2002, 01:06 AM
heh....

Fifth: Make sure that anything you write, spice it up a bit. Make it not so cliche, ya know?

MrCow
12-24-2002, 01:08 AM
write?? :-p

I plan on keeping a lot of it in my head so it may be a little different everytime:-p

Jigglysaint
12-24-2002, 01:23 AM
I always wondered if I would be a good drummer. I mean, I think I can keep the tempo or whatever, and whatnot, but I guess I will never know since I'm not normally around musical instaments(unless you include beans, :lol: ).

Ganonator
12-24-2002, 02:51 AM
It didn't occur to me that you weren't going to drum for like a high school jazz band until I read through the rest of the thread. being a drummer in a little band is a lot different.
The drummer gets less glory, but has a much more important role.. good luck with your endeavor.

btw, I play trombone, and my drummer was a dickhead.. just thought you'd like to know.. or something...

Dechipher
12-24-2002, 02:55 AM
Actually, Bassists and Rhythm Guitarsists get less glory.

Women think the drummers are so sexy and stuff,
and the lead guitarists get more respect, at least, if they do good solos and stuff.

I'm a rhythm guitarist and drummer.

Lone Wolf
12-24-2002, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by J.J. Maxx

Also if you have a metal ass you can get a good sound.

Dechipher
12-24-2002, 06:50 AM
Okay, I'm not gonna argue with that.

Who needs a whammy bar if you have a metal dick?

Er...soemthing like that.

Drums are fun, especially coming up with good solos.

They are simpler as far as you don't have to worry about playing in tempo, but ar important, as they keep the band together, and are also harder to keep cooridinated, especially sycopated fills.

Do you know what fills are?

MrCow
12-24-2002, 10:27 AM
umm not exactly keep in mind i have no experience at all on any of this