PDA

View Full Version : DNA computer

Starfalcon2
12-23-2002, 09:37 PM
DNA Computer (http://www.howstuffworks.com/dna-computer.htm)

Did you heard DNA computer??? I read somewhere in magazine, and I believe it will maximum our history man-made of computer. They are too powerful. In magazine said, today supercomputer solve 100 digits of encryted for seveal millions years. And DNA computer could solve it in 30 hours. Also it is very tiny!

More than 10 trillion DNA molecules can fit into an area no larger than 1 cubic centimeter (0.06 cubic inches). With this small amount of DNA, a computer would be able to hold 10 terabytes of data, and perform 10 trillion calculations at a time. By adding more DNA, more calculations could be performed.

I lost the magazine with good example better than the URL.

Flash Man
12-23-2002, 09:43 PM
How DNA Computers Will Work

Starfalcon2
12-23-2002, 09:59 PM
yeah, well I need get better URL to explain about DNA computer! I don't want to spend to looking it, k? and I said I lost the magazine with good example better than the URL. Only I want know that did you heard it??

The Savior
12-23-2002, 10:05 PM
It's funny, in Popular Science, they had an article about how e-mails could be encypted using factoring or somesuch, and then they had an article about how good DNA computers will be at figuring out factors. :shrug:

BTW, Starfalcon, where are you from?

Dechipher
12-23-2002, 11:09 PM
he's from Zion, dummy, because he's not in the matrix

Starfalcon2
12-24-2002, 12:51 PM
Right, I remember Popular Science. Dechipher is right that I live in Zion! :laughing: Why do you want know where am I from?

The Savior
12-24-2002, 01:10 PM
I can tell that English isn't your first language, so I'm curious.

Starfalcon2
12-24-2002, 03:42 PM
I knew you would say it, well my first language is America Sign Language. I try improve my English but I do better read. Also I live in California!

MottZilla
12-24-2002, 07:16 PM
The idea of a DNA CPU is just that though. An idea. Till then we will be using are manufacturered copper cpu chips and we will press them till we reach the absolute limits of what can be done with them. I don't think we are really anywhere close to the limits of it yet.